Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Workflow for uploading to Google Street View

[ New ]

Another issue is with @@PanoskinTours app trailblazer. As per Google Street view's compatible cameras list, GoPro Max can be used with Google street view if we use the trailblazer app from Panoskin.com  But unfortunately their app is not installable on Macs. 

I downloaded and installed it and the message I am getting is ( please see attached ) 

EcyScEDVAAAnP8V.png
Nomad

[ New ]

Yes well that google listing is incorrect, as of right now, the Max is not compatible with Google Street view via panoskin.  The listing says Max but shows a GoPro Fusion.  This is something Google needs to correct.

However it's up to users like ourselves to try and come up with an easy work around and solution (that we can publish here and other users can hopefully improve things too).

1:  Panoskin not being installable may be due to security permissions on your Mac or maybe it's just not compatible with the latest version of the Mac O/S.  That's something they will have to figure out, so email them or post the issue on their forum.

2:  Using a Fusion, you had to render/stitch the file into a spherical video first before it could be uploaded into TrailBlazer.  I'm guessing it's going to be the same for the Max.  Luckily GoPro have released to the public the new version of their player for Windows and Mac and hopefully this will have the GPS data embedded once you export:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305?fbclid=IwAR2h78BuvY1FG5Bk-Jxlj4UF467tkj0Q... 

See what you find out and post the info back here.  I still use my Fusion for uploading to Google street view and it's fun, it's annoying that Max users can't do the same thing.

Hiker

[ New ]

I  used the Mac version of the software to export a Max video with retained GPS. Trailblazer does recognize the file and the GPS data but I wasn't able to finish an upload because it said the Google API server was down

Nomad

[ New ]
You might want to post the settings here so people have a workflow. Google API servers have been down about a week now, affecting windows users too.
Hiker

[ New ]

Since then I haven't been able to get Trailblazer to recognize the Max stitched files. Maybe it only worked due to a glitch?

The export format from the Mac app has to be h.264 5.7k with GPMF enabled. The other file formats don't allow GPMF. I also disabled automatic horizon and world lock