Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Workflow for uploading to Google Street View

[ New ]

I have seen several threads regarding Google Street View:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Google-Maps-StreetView/td-p/104680

But do not seem to see a definitive workflow of the best way of getting a 360 photo uploaded properly so that it will display properly.  Do I upload from phone (or ipad) App, or must I stitch it and upload from my laptop?

Does anyone have any success(ful) stories?

Nomad

Re: Workflow for uploading to Google Street View

[ New ]

There doesn't seem to be anyway to upload 360 photo's from your mobile device as the GoPro app doesn't support exporting of 360 media to your mobile devices gallery.  The app only allows you to upload 360 media to facebook.

If you want to upload 360 photo's or video, you will have to use the GoPro Fusion Studio app to render the photo's or video first.

From there (providing your photo's or video have GPS data) you can either upload directly to google or you can use a free program called TrailBlazer to upload video or photo.

TrailBlazer

This is one of the tours I created using my GoPro Fusion

Alaska Tour

Tourist

[ New ]
I was able to upload photos one at a time, but the workflow was lacking. GoPro needs to improve this.

My workflow:
Connect to images on Max
Open the image for export
Select the Street View app
Repeat for each image

You need to be on wifi and the process is slow. It could be enhanced if multiple images were able to be exported at once.

Please improve this workflow @GoPro !
360Production.Services is willing to help.
Tourist

[ New ]

He GoPRO this is ridiculous.  Build a 3D camera, charge a lot of money for it, and then leave out the ability to upoad to the single most popular location for 3D photos.  In order to do this, you have to PAY a $20 subscription fee.

Nomad

[ New ]
When did gopro build a 3d camera? Is this a new model? I know they built 360 degree cameras but not a 3d camera. Also if you're trying to upload images to google maps, why not use trailblazer? It's free of charge, I use it all the time.
Tourist

[ New ]

I was so furious I typed 3D instead of 360.  Sorry.

The problem is trailblazer IS NOT FREE.  There is a free option that allows you to upload 1 image a month.  Otherwise, you have to pay $20 a month to get a feature that most other cameras offer for free.  And with the $20 fee, you only get to upload 20 images.  That's it.

Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry, I was upset. Meant 360, NOT 3D. Again, typical GoPro incompetence, you cannot correct your earlier posts.
Nomad

[ New ]
Ummm.... I use trailblazer almost daily for uploading my drives to google street view, got over 250k images and I dont pay a penny. Are you sure you're not looking at their tour creator software instead? Also the latest version of the GoPro app allows you to save 360 degree media to your phones photo gallery.