Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Won't shut down after firmware update v1.7

Hello @dgrobe2112 and @droidcam. We do not have an update yet. We will definitely post back here when we get new information. 

Hiker

Went on a travel trip... still same problems even after numerous reflash as advised by support.

1. Cannot connect usb to notebook any other notebook
  2. Overheats while recording even in 1080p
  3. Can't shut down properly batt will just drain to zero.
  4. Faced 2 times recording freeze which never happened before v1.7 update

Everything was fine before update & I could record long time even in 4K 60fps no issues. 

Hiker

Finally re-flashed back to v1.61 from the hopeless v1.7.

Happy to report my WiFi + USB is working + I can turn off normal again.

Now left only monitor if battery drain is back to pre v1.7 then I'll be super happy!

Skip v1.7 everyone for a peaceful mind. 

Adventurer

As I read the thread. GoPro should have  contacted you  asked for the camera, and given you a fully trsted on that they said htey tried on.  then drag you two weeks on  trying to resolve the issue with you.  I was going to say if your serial is on the camera then you would need to   de-install in Device manager the usb port you plugged into and  restart the usb por twould have reloaded and if the camera  recognized. not one mention of that from gopro.  Reverting is not what Gopro likes people to do but it resolved your issue so do you think FW 1.7 plus  or higher will be correctly loaded or more issues on your sam camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Good news... ever since re-flashed back to v1.61 firmware everything back to normal even my battery didn't drain to zero after 4 days off. Those facing issues with v1.7 please try revert back to v1.61 if you never faced any issue before update. So happy back to my shootings with GP7B.

v1.61 Firmware:

1. Battery doesn't drain to zero in a day
  2. No freezing after recording long time
  3. Not overheating
  4. Shuts down properly after red notification light   
GP7B-Batt.jpg