Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

With a GoPro Hero 8 Black can I use voice commands via bluetooth or similar connection, in any way?

[ New ]

I am a motorcyclist and am about to buy a Hero 8 Black to attach to the top of my helmet using a sticky pad. I already know that I can one-touch record start/stop by pressing the button on the top of the deivce. However it would be far better to keep both hands in control of the bike and leverage the voice commands to "turn on; start recording; stop recording; turn off".  I have one question, broken down into a few options:

1) Can I use a wireless (e.g. bluetooth) connection direct to the Hero8 (i.e. using a wireless mic) to issue voice commands?

2) Can I use a wireless (e.g. bluetooth) connection from my smartphone (perhaps with the GoPro app installed) to the Hero8, to issue voice commands? (In this setup my mic would be connected in some way to my smartphone, and the phone would relay those commands to the Hero8 - is the GoPro app is voice-enabled?)

3) Falling back to wired microphone: Will that enable voice commands, and can I use the GoPro like that in wet weather? (what is the wetness and robustness rating for the Media Mod? Is the Media Mod the only way to attach a wired mic?

I must stress that my question is solely about voice commands, not recording my voice to video - I'm not a vlogger; I just want to safely invoke remote operation wirelessly.

Many thanks.