Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Wireless connections

I have the GoPro wireless on and the iphone 7 recognises it but needs a password and wont respond to the Password I have recorded and used. There is no option on the phone to reset the password or retrieve the old one by email. How can I reset the wireless password.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wireless connections

Hello @johnh831

Sorry to hear about that. After you reset your camera's Wi-Fi name and password, you might have to use the default password "goprohero" to establish initial connection, then customize your camera's Wi-Fi information. Have a go at it and see how it works out. If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them here

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @johnh831

Which camera are you using. Anyhow, check out this article on resetting your camera's Wi-Fi name and password. Feel free to post back to share results. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Marius,

It is a Hero 4 Silver. I have tried following the instructions in the article you sent and reset the camera wifi and got as far as a pairing number but cannot get the GoPro App on the phone to ask for a pairing number. It cycles through options way too fast for me. As I bought the camera at Heathrow (UK) en route to NZ I'm at a loss as to who I can take it to, in order to get someone who knows what is needed. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @johnh831

Sorry to hear about that. After you reset your camera's Wi-Fi name and password, you might have to use the default password "goprohero" to establish initial connection, then customize your camera's Wi-Fi information. Have a go at it and see how it works out. If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them here

Best regards, 
Marius