Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Wireless/Bluetooth microphone for Hero 5 Black?

[ New ]

that does not fly to leave feedback what flys is getting it already done then   3rd party doing it for ya Lol    

Anonymous

[ New ]
This is not helpful. At all @aragon1006
That link directs you to give feedback about the WEBSITE and not to the lack of commitment to hear at the customers and what they need.
Hiker

[ New ]

I have the Go Pro adaptor and am using the Boya BY WM4 set up. I have not used it on my Moto rides yet but setting up the GoPro 5 on a tripod and using this wireless mic works really well.

The GoPro5 by itself makes lousy voice recordings. I initially drilled out the case a bit to open up the mics and that helped but once you walk a few feet from the camera you have to yell. In fact even on the Smatree stick you can barely hear anything. Now in fairness to GoPro, these cameras are really great at video. I have the REMO and it works great, especially in water as I set the camera up before I free dive and push the REMO and the video starts up. This option is very convenient as trying to control the GoPro with wet fingers is really not possible.  

That said I did find it amazing that the leader in compact versatile cameras sells an adaptor that is almost as big as the camera. Couldn't it be smaller?  That I really do not understand. I keep in mind that when using the adaptor the camera is no longer water proof. Bluetooth would be really cool audio feature but I doubt I will ever upgrade to another GoPro unless all of these types of things are sorted out. I do not need a smaller camera. The GoPro 5 size is perfect. I would like more features. In fact if they had to increase the size a bit to incorporate these features then its still a big win for them and us consumers

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jp560,

Thanks for your feedback. 

It would be best if you'll send those suggestion to the right team. 
You can post/send it here: https://gopro.com/feedback

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks Jay. I hope my post was viewed as fair input. In the end I am a consumer and like all of we always want the perfect product. I really like my GoPro but it can use some refinements to make it a top notch product for a wider consumer base.

Tourist

[ New ]
Added my feedback.
Even if this was a reasonable paid upgrade, it would be worth it to record both sides of the conversation for all the riders in my group using Sena Bluetooth headsets.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for adding your feedback, @graycave63222

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am completely blown away to find out my new GoPro Hero 5 Black cannot use any bluetooth or external mic... oh wait, it can use an external mic, but you have to leave a hatch open and use a proprietary adapter that costs $48.00? Oh, and with the hatch open it is not even water resistant... REALLY?
Well, guess what is getting returned tomorrow.... along with the $150 in accessories and mounts.

Wait, I think I will keep the mounts and use them on a new camera, non GoPro of course. No wonder they are hemorrhaging money, they make an awesome camera then make it so proprietary that it is useless to a large segment of the market.