Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Wireless/Bluetooth microphone for Hero 5 Black?

[ New ]

I feel like I want to throw out a big "hells yeah"...

Anonymous

[ New ]

The point is that GoPro has locked bluetooth to only be used with their software and nothing else. They are using bluetooth trakemark on the gopro hero 5 and limiting it's functions to keep the device from any other use other than to connect to the capture app. This is misinformation and bad business ethics to maxumise profit for their over priced adapter for microphone which is not nessesary if they unlocked the bluetooth to the function it should have. You cannot call it bluetooth if it doesn't have proper functionality as stated in my previous comments.

Hiker

[ New ]

I agree with you 100 times over.  It's frustrating.  I bought the bulky, blocky microphone adapter and I simply cannot get reasonably clean audio through my helmet.  I finally just gave up.  I wish I could return my gopro....but I can't :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

Did some have gopro 6. Is there wireless mic possibility in Hero 6?

Anonymous

[ New ]

My purpose of the Karma kit is to record video of myself talking at various locations from non-traditional angles.

So what you are suggesting is record the video and voiceover separately:

Video from GoPro6

Audio from smartphone using my present Bluetooth headset

Sync the two tracks in Adobe Premier?

This makes a lot of sense as the Bluetooth range is limited. Even professional wireless microphone (Audio Tecnica or Sennheiser) range can easily exceed the distance between you and the GoPro.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Can someone please help me figure out a soultion to finding a wireless lavalier microphone set that is compatible with my hero 5 black? I already bought the Pro 3.5mm mic adapter. Is there anything that will work with well with this connection? I am looking to make instructional videos but must be able to use a wireless lavalier mic.

Tourist

[ New ]

I ride a touring motorcycle and own the Hero 5 black along with a REMO. If there is a good amount of wind and/or high speeds Remo is not understanding voice commands. I'm not sure this is completely what this thread is about but I want/need to be able to use a bluetooth headset ,currently a Scala Freecom 2, to issue commands to the Hero 5 black.

Anyway, that is my objective.

Current setup is this:

2018 Goldwing

Functionaing Apple Carplay so if there is a way to add the GoPro APP as a CarPlay app and have the voice commands passed to the Hero 5 via CarPlay, this may satisfy the need.

Scala Freecom 2 in the Helmet, paired with the Goldwing which is wired via USB to an iPhone 5 which is running CarPlay and presenting Caplay graphics on the Goldwing and accepting voice commands from the Freecom 2.

Are there any other products or ways to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thank you.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gwrider1

This is the only mic adapter that is tested to work compatibly with a HERO5 Black camera: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

For more information, you can check out this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/HERO5-Black-External-Microphone-Information

There maybe other products in the market but nothing else that we have been able to test so we are not able to recommend any. 

Thanks, 
Marius