Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

It's working with my Windows 10 software.  For me to get it to work I had to change my USB power setting to always leave USB power on.

Anonymous

Same problem here. WHY ISN'T THERE A SOLUTION YET GOPRO?

Anonymous

Mattb - how is there not a proper solution to this problem yet. It seems lots of your customers are having the same problem. 

Anonymous

Agreed.

Anonymous

I agree. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Anonymous

**When you have the camera connected via the USB cord, please make sure that you have the camera powered on.  The computer will not recognize a USB connection when the camera is powered off.  You also need to have a SD card inserted, for the computer to recognize a connection.**

Try this.

Anonymous

I called the help desk and they said just load the SD card into the computer directly and that worked. The technician mentioned updating the software on the camera. Well, how do you update software if the computer can't see it? What I did was to p,us the GoPro into my Apple for a while. After a couple of weeks it started working on my laptop with Windows 10. I don't if it was me plugging it into the Apple or if it just started working somehow. Very strange but the laptop does read it now and I did nothing that I am aware of.

Anonymous

Hi all.

After a couple of Windows 10 actualizations, I've lost the Windows Media Player and my computer doesn't recognize my Hero Pro 4 Silver.

After read many pages and try many things, I've got the solution from a MS forum: look for the KB3133719 actualization of Windows, installed it and everything work fine again.

The link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

Good luck!