Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

Hi,

Here is how win 10 not recognizing gopro on PC got resolved for me...

1) connected gopro to pc using USB cable (NOT supplied by gopro). Gopro was getting charged but not detected by windows.

2) used gopro provided USB cable to charge another device.

3) connected gopro to PC using gopro provided cable and found that it got detected and was working fine.

not sure whether step 2 is necessary

Highlighted
Anonymous

What worked for me was switching to the factory-provided mini-USB cable. My other cable allowed the GoPro to charge, but otherwise, Windows 10 would not recognize the device.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am having same issues and using the GoPro cable - this is on two different PCs - Windows adds an unrecognized device when the GoPro is connected but will not find the correct working driver - updating to the latest version of GoPro App has also not resolved the issues.

At present I am removing the memory card and using a separate reader but I do  not consider this a good solution as there is some risk of damaging the memory card during continued removal and re-installation. Basically GoPro need to sort this issue and fast.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I don't think the cable has anything to do with it.

I went on the camera itself, into the settings, pressed 'Reset Cam', plugged it in again and it was recognised.

I have a Silver Hero 4 so this is quite simple to do. Those without the LCD have to do the following:

1. Press the Mode (front) button until you see the Setup Gear icon.
  2. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it.
  3. Press the Mode (front) button until Rest Cam is highlighted.
  4. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it.
  5. Press the Mode (front) button to highlight Reset.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Was recognized until yesterday's Window 10 update. Tried reinstalling GoPro software, GoPro-WinInstaller-1.4.0.2733, and no joy.

Highlighted
Anonymous

The same problem for goPro 4 Black

and nothing on this topic helped.

Useless.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Only worked for me once I switched the USB cord from a USB 3.0 port to a 2.0. Maybe the Hero 4 or the mini USB limits USB connections to 2.0?

Highlighted
Anonymous

how can you update the gopro software when the computer can't even read it?  You should put a warning that gopro does not work with Windows 10