Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

This thread is going since olmost about 2xyears.

Looks like GoPro is going downhill (GPRO) and they do not care any more about their customers.

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same issue around and my Windows 10 computer after i upgraded from earlier version, and it didnt recognized my camera!!but then i updated my windows 10 drivers and it worked for me any how..

Highlighted
Tourist

I have had Windows 10 USB issues with other devices, so it may not be just Go pro. It may be a connector issue as I can make it work for a while if I am careful not to move it. I bought a microSD adapter to work around the problem. This has worked well and is much faster. No idea what is wrong with USB. For my Samsung phone they use special software beyond the drivers to make it work. go figure...
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've had this happen moore times than I can count, and you would think I would have learned my lesson by now....

For those of you still having this issue, are you using the "GoPro" usb cable and not some generic mini USB cable.  Despite what some of you might think, not all USB cables are made the same.  

The GoPro cable is very specifically made just for the GoPro.  Even my Garmin cable which is the same size and used for Data transfer, does not work for my Gopro importer....

You can use the SD card adapter if you have no other options, but the cable that comes with the GoPro camera is the only reliable means of connecting the camera to your computer.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am just leaving a reply because I see that people seem to be posting here recently.

I have a goprr hero 5 Black edition and I used to have windows 8.1 installed in my PC. GoPro worked perfectly with windows 8.1.

3 days ago I had to format my PC and I installed windows 10 and, after that, the GoPro was never recognized by the PC

I have check app posts in this thread (and several others only) but nothing seem to work for me.

I noticed the the reason of for the problem I was having when I installed Quick and GoPro studio. After the installation I got a working saying that GoPro Studio could not work without windows media player installed (that was the click to fin the solution).

Basically the version of windows I have is Windows 10 Pro N and if you check online you will see this version do not have the windows media player and all media player related functionalities (including the ability of interacting with media player devices).

So I have to check online how to install Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

This site lead me to the solution, (look for "Does it say Windows 10 Home N or Windows 10 Pro N anywhere on the dialog?")

I had to intall the following feature packs:

KB3010081 

KB3099229

KB3133719

Even after installing the previous updates the media player was not showing, but the following feature pack finaly made WMP available for me:

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Only afer installing all of this, Window Media Player was available in my installation of windows.

After that if I connect my GoPro 5 to the PC it is recognized without any problem! I can see it in the "This PC" area, I can open it, I can copy the video files, etc...

The version of windows was the problem all along

Hope This helps

Highlighted
Anonymous

This should be marked as Solved.  The USB cable that comes with the GoPro Hero4 is junk, either use one you have or buy one here: https://www.amazon.com/Pasow-phones-Players-Digital-Cameras/dp/B01CJ9B8JG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=150...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Update Windows worked for me!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I just got a Hero 4 Silver used on Ebay, was having the same problem with Windows 10. I have 3 batteries, 1 is the GoPro Battery and the other 2 are Smatree Batteries. 

I solved the problem by removing the battery and reinserting a Fully Charged GoPro official battery and windows 10 recognised the camera and I was able to connect and import Media.

Also please keep in mind and check that the Cables you are using are USB Data Cables and not just aftermarket battery Charging Cables, some of those will not work.  I am using the USB to Mini Cable (port next to the SD Card slot) from my Cannon EOS Dslr and it works now like a charm.   Solved the problem on my own, no thanks to any help on any Google search or Forums.

Hope this Helps, Good Luck !