Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

I have listed my GoPro on Craigslist to solve this problem.  I will purchase a device from a company that makes USB compliant devices not just ones with a USB port that wastes your time.  Thank for nothing, GoPro...I should have kept my old camera.  It actually worked.

Sightseer

I have tried everything, and cannot get my laptop to see my camera. It worked on my work laptop, but then the files wouldn't play (only audio would work). Help! Also tried to download the app again using marketplace, but got a message that it won't work on my device.

Tourist

I have been chasing the USB connection issues with Win10 for months, with no success. Multiple USB cables, front/back connections, power-on sequence, etc., etc., etc. It is not my SD card as I can download directly from it to USB using a microSD adapter. This works, but as far as I know this is the only way to download from my Hero4 to PC. As an engineer, my verdict is simple. The Hero USB interface is defective so we should not waste time trying to make it work. None of the advice provided solves the issue. It might work for a while but the connection always drops.

Sightseer

I used another USB cable I had around and my Windows 10 computer recognized my camera!! Have no idea why the provided cable does not work.
Tourist

I also had the same problems, i know that the connection is solid between the two because the charging light is on. I have tried restarting my computer and un/replugging the USB and its working fine now

Sightseer

Thx, i'll give that a try.

Sightseer

Did they ever respond to you? I find it completely ridiculous that there have been COUNTLESS posts regarding the USB port not working with Windows 10. I mean come on.... I didn't spend a **bleep** load of money just to have it be for NOTHING. I regret purchasing a GoPro in the first place. I should have just bough a waterproof camera. I've asked GoPro support using my other account how to fix the issue and I've even called customer sevice regarding my laptop and NOTHING. I shouldn't have to go out and buy a sd card adapter just to use this piece of crap camera. Plus, if I'm being honest.....THE FOOTAGE IS FOGGY AF. All that money that I worked hard for just to go down the drain. I bought EVERYTHIING for this piece of **bleep**....head, body, dog mounts, selfie sticks, water gear, etc.... It's really frustrating that a company that seems to have their **bleep** together can drop the ball and not seem to even want to pick it back up. The customer support is redundant and they don't even answer the question. It's like they use a copy, paste response every time. I am officially a GoPro HATER!

Tourist

Hi. Absolutely agree with you. I also bought a lot of adapters and other stuff for this camera. And I see, that this company is like crooks actually. 

I'm going to sell this camera (GoPro 4 Silver) and buy better one Sony FDR-X3000 4K Action Cam with Wi-Fi® & GPS. My friend has such camera and it beter then GoPro from my perspective (for example image stabilizing is much better, I've checked it in my own)