Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

I'm having the same issues!!!! has anyone found a solution? What a disappointment

Highlighted
Anonymous

Having the same Windows 10 issue after buying the Hero4 Silver, 64 gigs of memory, $100 of accessories, etc - and can't get the **bleep** files off. WTF???

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous and @Anonymous, 

I'm sorry to hear you're running into that difficulty. Have you tried using a different computer? If it's working there then it must be an issue with the set up of the computer. Have you tried the steps that @Anonymous posted right above your posts?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have tried it on 2 different computers running Win10, no luck.  I tried it on a Toshiba and a Surface Pro 3.  Uploading media from my GoPro H4 to both of these computers has worked in the past.  The last time I uploaded media from my GoPro H4 to both computers was probably around December/January of this year.

I do have a question - Is the USB cable that comes with the GoPro any different than any other USB A to USB B mini type cable?  I seem to remember that I could only get the GoPro to communicate when I used the USB cable that came with the GoPro - that I now can't find!

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, 

The cable is the same as other USB cables. It's a 5-pin connection on the camera side. I'd recommend trying a different cable and making sure it's 5-pin to see if that helps too. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay, changed the cable and it works for me now.

Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, 

Nice! I'm glad that worked for you. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have been able to get data off my device one time.  My disk says full on the camera, but GoPro tells me it can't find any data to import