Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Windows 10 will not recognize My GoPro 4 device.

I'm in the same boat. Windows 10 does not recognize my gopro hero4 silver. i need a fix for this! the usb is recognized by the camera and camera is charging. it says on the camera usb connected files accessible, but they are nowhere on my computer.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey community. Let me put 10c to that conversation. I have same/similiar problem. My Win10 sometimes recognizes my GoOro 4 Silver. This is really anoying since I have to cycle my usb cable couple of times. Sometimes reboot Win10 or camera.
I think the problem is with GoPro firmware timing since it always happens after some idle time on my camera Win10 does not like it. It really should not matter what memory card you have, especialy if i can read directly that card successfully on same Win10.
Im going to return that camera to store if this will not be fixed. Still have 60 days to go.
GoPro maka a better job on this proble!
..., did anybody try to contact support for that issue?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I contacted them, and they pretended they didn't know about the issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Got brand new Hero5 Session for my B-day yesterday and Win10 does not recognize it (canadian sold model). Also, trying to update manually my camera firmware at the screen when they ask for camera serial number to register, it does not recognize my serial number C3211334640xxx, tells me it is invalid... Overrated, overpaid, yappie's CRAAAP!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here.  GoPro 4 black and worked fine with windows 8.  Windows 10 upgrade and computer cannot see the camera.  So I have no choice but to remove the SD card every time.  I am really beginning to despise computers anymore because of garbage software.

Finally, how do you leave comments in the forum here?  The only option I have is to is reply to existing comments only.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had to manually update my gopro 4. Make sure you extract the data into a folder named "UPDATE" or it will not work.

https://gopro.com/support/hero4-silver-product-update/hero4

Once I did this, and restarted my PC it worked. Hope this helps!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had to manually update my Hero 4. Just make sure you unzip the data into a file named "UPDATE" or it will not work!

For some strange reason, once my manual update on the GoPro was done I had to restart my PC for it to recongize my GoPro.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.

After a couple of Windows 10 actualizations, I've lost the Windows Media Player and my computer doesn't recognize my Hero Pro 4 Silver.

After read many pages and try many things, I've got the solution from a MS forum: look for the KB3133719 actualization of Windows, installed it and everything work fine again.

The link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

Good luck!

thanks a lot, it worked for me!!!!Smiley LOL

i have a windows 10 pro N updated from windows 7.

after lot of readings through out the forums this wa the only solution that worked for me. the computer recognises the camera and the quik app works fine also.(it stacked before)

thanks again