Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

can charging up to 100W (20V, 5A) and synchronization of 10Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen2).
- Compatible with USB3.1 Gen1, USB2.0 and USB1.1
- Compatible with MacBook Pro15 (87W) and other USB-C laptops.
- He's supporting high-quality video and audio 4K of 60 Hz
Highlighted
Nomad

Thanks, got it, works great
Highlighted
Nomad

Cable works AND charges Hero8 fast (without any heat-up of the camera) from laptop thunderbolt port. I could have saved $25 for the hub (but I needed a new card reader anyway).
Highlighted
Tourist

I have tried 5 different cables from 5 different brands. Non of them working. I just bought card reader. Much simpler
Highlighted
Nomad

You tried with a new generation cable usb C to usb C ?
Be careful: connect your cable after you powered on your camera !!!
Highlighted
Tourist

I bought Hero 8 Black 5 days ago, made some videos and today I wanted to copy those to my PC, but no go.

Multiple threads with tens of pages being closed w/o solution. 

That is f*^% hilarious, it feels like 1999. So many people having problems connecting simple device to Windows 10 PC(we have year 2020, I remind you).

Camera says USB CONNECTED, detected in device manager as MTP device, Windows 10 up to date, brand new camera with original cable. 

The frack??? Really? Wasted freaking 2 hours trying to fix that fracking frack. Give back my fracking time.

Highlighted
Tourist

Also, solutions like: get card reader or usb hub are even more funny. Why the frack in the world I would have to get XX century device to connect my XXI century camera to my XXI century laptop? Really? What is wrong with you people? Did you all giving such soulutions hit a mounting at 100mph while having GoPro glued to your naked heads?
Highlighted
Nomad

You must have a new generation usb cable and first time you must power on your camera , connect usb cable to pc and after that you connect your cable to Hero 8. Unfortunately this is only cheap solution to work fine with new computers or laptops