Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

Is that specific issue with customer support your only problem with GoPro or do you have other complaints to justify never buying from them again?

Please let us know.

Highlighted
Tourist

Customer support?

Waited for someone to respond in the online chat for almost an hour, nobody attended the call.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Not sure if this helps, but I just got my Hero8 and was setting it up on my laptop.  I got prompted to update Quik and everything worked.  The next time I went to use my GoPro, I just picked up the USB C Cable that I use for my phone and other things, and I was getting this error.  The cable works for all my other devices, but it won't work with th GoPro..  I know you tried both cables, so I'm not saying this is your issue, just posting that I had similar behavior on Windows 10.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, Windows 10 and GoPro Hero 8 with the latest firmware 01.60.

Not recognized from PC, "device error" in Windows Device Manager, and the installation of GoPro Quik (now discontinued, alas...) did not help.

I think this is a really serious driver/firmware bug, as it render useless the USB connection of the GoPro for everything but recharging batteries...

Highlighted
Tourist

Not only am i having this same issue, but also I noticed in setting on the input/output option it says "N/A". no other option unless I connect the media mod. And that's useless because it doesn't stream out of the hdmi port. what gives? I also called support and my laptop was blamed. was told to contact Dell. Dell tells me everything is fine on my side. Please, some answers would help, Gopro! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

Same. bought a 3.0 4 port USB and it connected. But once I tried using the media mod to connect to my TV, it didn't work. So you might come into some problems in the future if you decide to get the media mod.

Highlighted
Sightseer

After reading all these post with no solution is disapointing....I have same problem, with mine, purchased January 2020....I am going to take it back and get my money returned...end of story.

Highlighted
Tourist

I just requested a refund today. There have been no solutions to any problems. id suggest you do the same. Best of luck.