Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

[ New ]
Oh and by the way...wasted a few weeks of my spare time to look for solutions, try them over and over again, changing the OS, and hoping to be fixed in the upcoming months (this was my thinking back in 2019 October-November)
Sightseer

[ New ]

exactly same problem for me.  Hero 8 for christmass, new Dell this week and no USB comunication.  Device not visible in file manager.  Camera displays USB sign & pc beeps when cable pluged in.

tried driver update no success

Any answers please - a lot of users out there with same problem

please!! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @reggieb55, @antohee6, @peterr7516. There are user-suggested solutions here that might help. Have a go at them. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @reggieb55, @antohee6, @peterr7516. There are user-suggested solutions here that might help. Have a go at them. 

I understand buying a new cable will work as one of the users discovered this, and not GoPro directly. I just don't understand why it should be the responsibility of the customer to purchase new cables for the Hero8 (the latest version of the Hero GoPro line up) to work with newer PC's after spending $400 on a camera. I think GoPro should take responsibility and stop sending out new camera's with incompatible cables that do not work with newer computers - and rather update them going forward for new customers included with their packaging. Furthurmore, for existing customers that have bad cables - they should credit, or supply them with new said cables. Again, its expected when buying a camera at this price point - that it comes fully functional out of the box with whatever system you have. It should be included to have a proper certified USB cable with its packaging. It's surprising to me that GoPro is aware of the issue as multiple complaints have been said here and on other threads, forums etc - and yet the only solution they recommend is for us to go out and purchase another cable for it to work with YOUR device from other manufacturers. That should be pretty embarassing knowing it's coming from a company like this..no? Please stand behind the very same products you sell and do the right thing for the customers that support you.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just bought Hero 8 and having same trouble it's really insane that a bug like this hasn't been fixed. 

I get USB connected in the camera screen but nothing in windows even the USB device symbol disappears. The only thing that I get in the Device Manager when I plug the camera is MTP USB Device.

Capture.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @yacinembr,

If your camera is being recognized as MTP Device just uninstall the MTP Driver then restart your PC.

You can also try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uem6BbNEj-I

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]
Tried removing driver and restarting. Didn’t work. I’m guessing best fix is new cable. Just hate to do that given new camera.
Nomad

[ New ]

i have same issues with my laptop, windows 10, intel core i7, 9th generation,16 gb ram,