Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

[ New ]
On pagae 7 and 8 you will see solutions for this problem I posted ! Try one you want
Nomad

[ New ]

I was with "bonoman" but after upgrade I lost connectivity (set the USB in prefs). If I connect gopro via USB hub it still works. So far connecting GoPro switched ON via USB hub was most robust solution for me.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

Before 27.08.2020 firmware UPDATE all was working ok. My PC detected camera with original USB cable. But after update it stopped. CANT move files from camera to PC via USB using Quik. Card reader can read card.

Tried different hubs and cables, no luck.

IMG_1357.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
What I tried more:
1) Format SD card
2) Update manually firmware
3) Different USB/Type-C ports on PC

It is defenitely not a cable problem, since all was ok on old firmware with standard gopro grey cable.
Tourist

[ New ]

I bought my GoPro 8 in the last month and it still has the old cable which doesn't work. If this is a known issue then why do they continue to supply the old cable? Oh, yes, because they get to milk you for more money! This is absolutely ridiculous. Why doesn't this just work! I'm transfering data less than 12 inches. Is this 1985? Get your act together you useless bunch of clowns!

Tourist

[ New ]

Ive noticed an interesting fact: for a split second, go pro is recognized by windows (i can see the icon that offer to safe remove go pro in the lower wright of windows taskbar, but it rapidly dissapear.

Wat are your advices: to return the camera in service or to ask a refund? 

Until few days ago, i was abe to downlod files with the same computer and same camera and same cable. Nw, after an update, the option is no more.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I have same situation, before GP 8 Firmaware 2.0 update all was ok.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, Everyone. If you have recently your HERO8 Black's firmware to v2.0, make sure that your camera is in MTP mode. To do this, go to Preferences, then Connections, then MTP. This should allow the transfer of media from the camera to your computer.