Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

I already tried that, also my laptop is older than GoPro.
Highlighted
Nomad

This thread includes 2 solutions, both verified, the OP did a great job. Here is my summary, please read it and it may save you time and money:

The cable described works.  Cost $25 is steep but it is a high quality cable. Also "blue" GoPro cable should work as described in the thread (I did not try this).

Another solution is to connect camera via USB hub - again camera switched on. In my case this seems to be less dependent on the type of hub and the cable.

Note: Funny - older computers connect without a problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

@bovk.

You're not even trying to save me time and money. You're telling me to go shopping to solve a pretty fundamental flaw in a GoPro product that I would not have bought had I been aware.

I do not spend money fixing things that are not in any way my fault.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

"I do not spend money fixing things that are not in any way my fault."

I envy you , you must live in a different, fantastic world. Moust problems I have to fix are not my fault. But I am not telling you to do things, these are just my suggestions and reason for posting is to verify what worked for me hopefully increasing the credibility of suggestions. I hope things work for you.

Highlighted
Hiker

This xDDDDDDDD

I bought 400 pounds camera and they want me to pay more for piece that should be working at the first place

Highlighted
Nomad

For all who have frustrating and have problems with hero 8 and windows: this forum is for helping you , resolving your problems and if you don’t care about our efforts and solutions posted here please complain directly to GoPro. I posted here 3 different solutions for this Hero 8 problem, sorry if I don’t have a free solution for you and I can’t save your time !
Highlighted
Tourist

@bonoman Could you please say where you got the new usb 3.0 version of the GoPro charging cable or even provide a link?
Thank you.
Highlighted
Nomad

@sharpmesa3347 i bought from GoPro site about few months ago this : Dual Battery Charger + Battery and i think it was in the box, I think you can’t buy separately this cable, maybe GoPro will sell in near further , I hope :)
go to a store and check if it is in the dual battery charger box because i don't remember very well, sorry 😕
You can buy a new generation usb c cable and will work well