Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

try with new gopro cable model, it will work without usb hub !!! i try now and its ok.
Highlighted
Nomad

this is the new gopro cable (blue color on usb, see my photo) and old cable. the new cable work well without usb hub but only if you conect cable with camera on  !!!

old cable( white color usb, see my photo) work well only with usb hub and same mode: power on before connect cable

IMG_3027.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

I hear what you're saying but I'm not going to go out and buy an overpriced, branded cable in the hope that it might resolve a design fault in a camera that's less than a year old.

Highlighted
Nomad

the new cable is more big (thicker) like on old cable who is thinner , usb connector is blue color on new and white collor on old cable, if you have problem with connection on lapotop or pc buy new cable and will work well.

IMG_3031.JPG
Highlighted
Nomad

bombtrack29 , only the new cable from gopro is your solution, if you don't want to buy another overpriced cable, buy new gopro cable with blue color
Highlighted
Nomad

1. Not every USB-C to USB-C will work. I thought my is OK and it is not. So "bonoman" could you post details of your cable. 2. I searched GoPro site and did not find any "new, blue" cable. Again - could you post where you got yours? Thanks, Nobel price in new field "GoPro" is in you mail (=:
Highlighted
Nomad

My usb c cable works ok with hero 8 but don’t forget to power on the camera before connect cable
image.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

Specifications is
image.jpg