Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

I will request a refund for my hero 8 black because technical support is missing. I find another two companies who product sport camera like GoPro and I will buy from there. Disappointed GoPro:(
Highlighted
Nomad

I believe this issue will be resolved. It is something small but hidden in all the mumbo jumbo of drivers, USB settings, device manager and so on.

Here is why I think so. I have an OK 10 year old desktop with WIN 10 fully udated with QUICK installed and I have a brand new laptop of high specs also with fully updated WIN 10.  My desktop recognised Hero 8 and its files show. My laptop does not. I spend hours digging into settings, uninstalled QUICK but it stayed the same, desktop recognizes on any usb and I tried 2 cables, my laptop does not. I still think it is something trivial for a computer expert and it will be fixed. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I have exactly same problem, old pc recognize my hero 8 , but my new laptop )Asus rogstrix G531GV Intel® Core™ i7-9750H 4.50 GHz Coffee Lake, 15.6", Full HD, IPS, 120Hz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 6GB) don’t recognize hero 8.
Highlighted
Nomad

Thist must be no #1 priority bug. Why would GoPro keep quiet about it for so long time? 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

Interesting... Having the same problem as everyone else, up until now I've just taken the card out and imported manually. That's great, but for an advanced camera (where getting the card out isn't as easy with just a fingernail as my Hero 3+ mind you), it should be flawless. Saw your comment about using a hub, thought I'd give it a try, and bamm... works great. No idea why but I'm now happy. Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

Judging from all the comments, it boils down to a combination of Windows 10, GoPro software and USB 2.

Now we just have to wait, and wait... for GoPro to find a solution for all to be good again.

Come on GoPro, it shouldn't be too hard!

Highlighted
Hiker

Same situation here I tried many things and it didn't work out. I dont have card slot in my pc which makes the camera unusable due to lack of download to pc. I will return my camera today. Thanks GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

Yup. Me too! GoPro Hero 8 plugged into a spanking new, fully functional, Asus i7 (10th gen.) A509. Nothing. Not a sausage, bar the USB symbol appearing on the camera and Windows beeping. Nothing in File or Device Manager. Yes, I can use a card reader - it seems I now have to - but that's not very practical on location. Needs fixing ... and fast.