Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Windows 10 not recognizing Hero 8

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @foggygorge31704. We just tested with Quik for desktop and a HERO8 Black camera and the camera was detected with Quik prompting to import files. Apologies if there may have been confusion with the information you got from Support. If you have a case number, we'd be glad to look into the case to provide necessary feedback. Please note that not all computers have the same (types of) USB ports so it is important to isolate whether the observed issue is due to the port, or the cable used, or the camera itself. 

there is at least dozen of cases like this one. i contact support so many times that they probably know me already. the only answer from yuou guys is use sd card adapter or change a cable. it doesnt matter that im using cable you provide. i have brand new laptop with win10, windows doesnt recognise my camera (hero black 7), its the only one camera that is not recognised by windows. anything else is fine. i updated my usb drivers etc. nothing changed. it looks like go"pro" doesnt give a **bleep** about their customers.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Was a solution ever found. I have the same problem. Very frustrating!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

If you have gone through the suggested steps and it's still the same, the best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

Please submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am experiencing the same problem with a new Asus laptop running windows 10.  USB sounds when connected but is invisible in file explorer.  Installed GoPro Quick...irrelevant.  It is not the case that it prompts to import.  Is GoPro going to fix this problem?

GoPro

[ New ]

@blackbrett, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Please update solutions for this problem ...all of the problem solving links were not applicable...the problem is gopro is supplying new cameras w usb A to C cables that are usb A 2 not 3. 3 works w new computer. 2 is not recognized. Disappointed for lost time and an expense that gopro could have easily prevented.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same exact issue. I'm a Certified Cisco Engineer so I consider myself very tech savy - this is unacceptable. I'm using a Hero 8 Black brand new out of the box. The SD card i'm using has been used before in my older Hero 4 Black perfectly fine plugged into the SAME USB port and works flawlessly. When using the same SD card in the Hero 8 - It does not come up.

I've updated the Camera's firmware to the latest version. Windows 10 is up to date. I'm using the provided USB cable from GoPro. SD card I'm using works perfectly fine in an older Hero4 as well as using it in a separate USB reader or SD card reader. 

The issue is not the SD card - Its a firmware/driver issue with the camera. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

GoPro Max the same issue here.

Since i bought it back in november 19!!!

So i buy a top of the line laptop and the latest flagship from gopro. In 2020 and it is still not possible to copy-paste my footage, from the camera to my internal ssd. 

Ridiculous!

Embarassing if you ask me...

ESPECIALLY when trying to do the same thing on a iMac, and it is running like a charm, which means the camera was developed and launched, exclusively for the apple world but without anybody bothering to mention it anywhere.

Best regards,

Shame on you