Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Windows 10 GoPro Player wont export video

I have recently downloaded the Windows 10 Desktop GoPro Player and am trying to export 360 files to edit them in PowerDirector 18.

Having dragged the 360 file into the Export Queue dialogue box, I've chosen Cineform and 5.6K resolution, and checked the Hardware editing box. I then click 'start' and the process begins. The problem is the .mov file produced contains no video, only the audio, with a file size of only 22K. I've tried this a few times with the same results.

My system is an AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7 @3.50GHz, 12Gb RAM and Geoforce GTX 1650. Windows 10 is 64 bit updated to the latest version.

Since I bought the Max a year ago I've been using the GoPro Max Exporter, which has worked fine apart from the fact it's been limiting the resolution of the exported files to 4K rather than 5.6.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Windows 10 GoPro Player wont export video

Hello, @back2thebike. Does it matter which resolution setting the 360 media is recorded in? What about the file size? Also, which version of the GoPro Player for Windows are you using? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi, thanks for the response.

Version is 1.0.1.306 for Windows.

I've just tried to render the same file at 4K and again it produces a small file with audio only, no video.

The orginial file size was 3,048,577 KB.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @back2thebike

Would you be able to test this with a new recording?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, no problem.

When you say 'new recording' what do this mean? I've already tried this several times with the same result. ie I get audio only, no video. All this has been using the standard max 360 files.

What should I do differently this time?

Highlighted
GoPro

Got it! @back2thebike

We're just checking if the issue may possibly be just on a certain recording.

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej