Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Windows 10 Explorer is constantly freezing when connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black on USB

[ New ]

If I connect my Hero 7 Black via USB (3.0) the Windows 10 Explorer is constantly freezing. I can copy the recorded files with the GoPro Quick Desktop App, but not always. Sometimes also the App can NOT import the files.

If I remove the SD Card from the camera and put it into a normal Card reader there are no problems.

It is a SanDisk Extreme XC1 V30 uhs3 A2 SD card.

The firmware is the latest.

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: Windows 10 Explorer is constantly freezing when connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black on USB

[ New ]

I use a brand new USB C cable. It happens also with other USB cables. Other devices do definitely NOT have problems. I recognized this the first time with my new GoPro.

It seems to work on USB 2.0. Maybe I try to update my USB 3.0 drivers!

Thanks for the tipps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Windows 10 Explorer is constantly freezing when connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black on USB

[ New ]

Sounds like you have a USB driver issue with your camera.  You should make sure you've run all available windows updates.  If the problem persists, you will need to contact Microsoft customer support.

GoPro

[ New ]

@christians574, I agree with @demonviewllc. Also, to properly narrow down the issue, try using different USB-C cable (if you have one available) and use other USB ports on your computer. Does Windows File Explorer also freezes when copying files from an external storage device (connected via USB) to your computer or vice versa? Ensure to have all drivers updated and run all available Windows update on your computer.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I use a brand new USB C cable. It happens also with other USB cables. Other devices do definitely NOT have problems. I recognized this the first time with my new GoPro.

It seems to work on USB 2.0. Maybe I try to update my USB 3.0 drivers!

Thanks for the tipps!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @christians574. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.