Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Wind noise on Hero 6 Black

So, I upgraded from a Hero 3 Plus to a Hero 6 Black. I use it pretty much for motorcycle riding and have it helmet mounted. Even with the supposed wind filter the wind noise is 10x worse on the 6 than it was on the 3 mounted to the right side of my helmet just at the back of the visor area. I noticed that there is a mic right next to the helmet, thought it was the wind rushing between helmet and camera. Tried a simple solution of some heavy tape to direct wind over with no help. Also tried moving it to center top of my helmet like I see most people do, seems a little worse. Above 40 mph I can't even here my Ducati :-o  I am wondering about the Super Suit, as my Hero 3 Plus was in a similar case, and the added protection would be nice. I also read about someone saying that connecting an external mic and putting it somewhere with no wind, like maybe in my jacket; but can't say I like this idea. More concerned that my camera has a problem with the wind filter. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wind noise on Hero 6 Black

Hi @jaridb80307

I am sorry for any troubles caused. Please go over these articles:

How to Prevent Wind Noise on Videos

Wind Noise Suppression

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post