Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Wind Noise settings

Where in the menu for GoPro Hero 8 do I find setting for Wind Noise?
I just bought this camera and when I did a test film whilst going for a walk the wind noise was really loud. I though these cameras were meant to suppress the wind noise?
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Wind Noise settings

The location of wind reduction in found in each preset. The default is for the camera to automatically decide between using stereo and wind reduction, but you can choose to have wind reduction always on for that particular setting.

You can also find out more info about your camera here https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals
Highlighted
Adventurer

Like said Open camera go to each profile, and edit with the Pencil. scroll down on the left side you shall see it set to Wind already Auto.

if you are experiencing more then the normal then its time to think about a mic muff mod a wind sock  When gopro changed the  mic locations, they did not think of how it would effect sound I say    Hero 5, 6, 7 all had the same spot.

Highlighted
Tourist

Mic muff? What are these and where can u get them from?
I’m planning on using this GoPro on my motorcycle.
Highlighted
Adventurer

As we all learn and use products.  it is a  microphone cover, cut out  modify on to you Hero 8 and that would stop most the noise.  its works for me when I Rc at 50mph at given times.   I should demo with it off and on as its  again  starting to  work itself off from the   temporary glue.

https://youtu.be/ZnqmQI-9ZW8

At any Local shop rubber cement pads (home Depot) Amazon/Ebay Mic muff . simply cut, shape, stick,enjoy.
Highlighted
Tourist

Not sure if it helps but I have the mic adaptor that I use with a Boya mic and this has revolutionised my audio

Highlighted
Adventurer

I use  a promic and Rode wireless go if you/we want a media mod and mic the wind is by far  history.  the mod I show cost  less and hte cheapest way around it.  you can use a   foam adhesive over the mics anythignthat baffles it. you want hte  audios wind to be  reflected what hte muff does. and the audio only gets in the mic.

Highlighted
Tourist

Has anyone who uses their GoPro on a motorcycle had any experience with the Protective Housing? I’ve heard it can muffle the noise, hence perhaps help with wind noise?