Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Will the Max allow picture in picture front/rear view?

I have a Rylo and one of the cool features is ability to show video with main view out front and small picture in picutre of the rear view.  Each view can be independently adjusted to pan around.  Used this on a go kart during a race and it's a great feature.  Does the max allow for this simultaneous front/rear view?  Thx.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Will the Max allow picture in picture front/rear view?

It would depend on how you are editing, but if you are using the exporter for Windows, turn off "World Lock".  There are 2 settings when you export.  1. Horizon lock: exactly as described, it locks the horizon level no matter the orientation of the camera.  2. World lock: this locks the view in a single direction, so for example if you are looking north, no matter how the camera is moved around the view will always be looking north unless you change it.  From the sound of it, you would be looking for Horizon lock to be on, and World lock to be off when you do the export.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

That's not a feature within the camera itself, though your could set something like that up in a post edit from the original 360 footage.

Highlighted
Tourist

OK.  Thx for reply.

Highlighted
Tourist

OK, so bought camera and took some initial footage.   My use is on my son's go kart to video races.  At a minimum what would be ideal would be a 180 degree forward view locked in perspective directly to the front of the camera and thus the kart with the ability to move the view with mouse cursor side to side if something interesting happened on either side or in the rear.  Right now the view gets locked to a single direction and as the kart makes turns the video becomes useless.  As I mentioned earlier the rylo had a preset thing in the app where I could watch what was ahead on the main part of the screen and then it made a PIP with what was captured by the rear facing lens and both views in the app stayed locked in the direction of the lens.  

I don't have a lot of time at the track to do video editing to make this work so it could be this camera is a waste for me since it might not produce useable video without a lot of effort/post processing but if I'm missing something and there is simple way to do this in settings or through a processing "template" on adobe premier or something let me know.  If not, will be ebaying the camera as it just won't really work for me.  thanks.

Highlighted
Hiker

It would depend on how you are editing, but if you are using the exporter for Windows, turn off "World Lock".  There are 2 settings when you export.  1. Horizon lock: exactly as described, it locks the horizon level no matter the orientation of the camera.  2. World lock: this locks the view in a single direction, so for example if you are looking north, no matter how the camera is moved around the view will always be looking north unless you change it.  From the sound of it, you would be looking for Horizon lock to be on, and World lock to be off when you do the export.