Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Will never purchase from GoPro again

[ New ]

Purchased a Gopro Hero9 and few accessories directly from the gopro.com. After so many issues have decided to return the whole order back to gopro for a refund. About to post the return back.

To start with I was charged £49.99 extra on what should have been a free subscription. Was even told by chat help I should not have been charged this.  Now on return I am told this cannot be refunded even tho I will have no purchase from Gopro when its returned.

Really dodgy goings on from  GoPro will never purchase from them again. 

Tourist

Re: Will never purchase from GoPro again

[ New ]
Why they will not refund you the subscription? If you’re having issues with the faulty product or service you just purchased, they will have to refund you or it is illegal, at least in New Zealand law. Not sure about the US.
Hiker

[ New ]

This is what i got back from them

Good day and hope this email finds you well.

I already contacted our team about this, I'm afraid we're unable to process a refund on your annual subscription but you can still take advantage if the benefits of it like discounts, storage  and priority on the line when contacting us. It's still active until the end of the term.

If you have questions or concern, don't hesitate to reach us back.

I'm sure this is illegal too. I will wait until my return processes and if its not refunded then will take it further. Just wanted to make others aware of this if they are thinking of purchasing from Gopro. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the warning. They do mention this in the terms:
https://gopro.com/en/us/legal/subscriptionterms

"You may cancel Your Subscription at any time as described in Section 6, effective at the end of the billing period. You can access all the Subscription benefits until your cancellation is effective and no refund will be issued."

However, given that you bought this subscription as part of a promotional bundle with the Hero9 specifically, they should have an exception to this...

I would not let it go, ask to speak to a manager and clarify that it was purchased as part of the promotional bundle. If they still refuse please come and post back, that is just not right.
Hiker

[ New ]

Well I am still waiting for the £49.99 refund, which i should not have been charged in the first place. Pretty appalling really the cameras gone back and has been refunded but still no refund on subscription. Been told so many differnet things from support. I am not giving up and will message every other day until this is sorted.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @fwandy. We were able to pull up a Support case using the email address associated with your Hub profile. The case has already been raised to the Subscription team. Once there is an update, the team handling your case will contact you back. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

WOW   sorry to hear what GoPro is doing