Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Will I be charged full price of the camera if I cancel the subscription next year?

[ New ]

I noticed that there are a sentence in my check out page saying that If GoPro subscription is purchased as part of a bundled camera promotion, customer may cancel the subscription portion of the bundle post purchase and acknowledges they will be charged the full retail price of the camera.
So, If that means I will be charged full price of the camera later if I cancel the subscription next year? If that true, when can I stop the subscription and not being charged?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Will I be charged full price of the camera if I cancel the subscription next year?

[ New ]

Hello @yuw87

For non-EU customers, there is no free trial period and no pro-rated refunds for cancelled subscriptions In the event that you cancel your subscription before the end of the initial year term but keep your camera, you will continue to receive all the benefits of the GoPro Subscription for the full annual term of your subscription, but will not receive a refund for your cancelled subscription. 

For EU customers only, you will have a 14 day free trial period and may return your subscription, however if you return your subscription within this 14 day period you will fall below the threshold for eligibility for this offer and we will reduce any applicable refund owed to you by the full retail price of the camera and reserve the right to charge your payment method for any remaining balance owed to GoPro. 

Check out https://gopro.com/en/us/legal/subscription-camera-bundle for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Will I be charged full price of the camera if I cancel the subscription next year?

[ New ]

Hello @yuw87

For non-EU customers, there is no free trial period and no pro-rated refunds for cancelled subscriptions In the event that you cancel your subscription before the end of the initial year term but keep your camera, you will continue to receive all the benefits of the GoPro Subscription for the full annual term of your subscription, but will not receive a refund for your cancelled subscription. 

For EU customers only, you will have a 14 day free trial period and may return your subscription, however if you return your subscription within this 14 day period you will fall below the threshold for eligibility for this offer and we will reduce any applicable refund owed to you by the full retail price of the camera and reserve the right to charge your payment method for any remaining balance owed to GoPro. 

Check out https://gopro.com/en/us/legal/subscription-camera-bundle for reference.

Thanks!

Ej