Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Wifi issues while going live

This works on iOS. But the real problem is Android. I tried almost everything on Android and wifi networks do not show. I mean almost at the same time as the ios app shows them all. Android gets the list of wifi once every 20 or 30 tries, no matter what I do. Turn off hotspot, delete cache, reboot phone, reboot camera, switch to 5Ghz back to 2.4.. nothing changes.

But that's one problem. The other one is streaming through RTMP to youtube. It doesn't work no matter the OS. (Dji Go app does work with the same rtmp url key.)
Highlighted
Hiker

I'm sorry, I thought I stated on the original message, I have a Google Pixel 4 with android 11. I think the wifi list problem wasn't present on Android 10. But the rtmp one was already there on the previous version.
Highlighted
Tourist

Can you please just give us v6.19 of the gopro app. This problem happened when I updated to v7.1... I NEED TO USE MY CAMERA.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App.

Make sure to restart your phone before pairing the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Wifi issue seems to have been resolved for Android in this version. However the RTMP mode streaming is not working despite the url being good (i.e. the app doesn't reject it) and the next screen showing 3600kbps of Streaming quality. Yet youtube doesn't receive anything (remember, this problem is present on both OS). Luckily I have an account with 1000 subscribers and that works, but I need to stream via RTMP from another account that doesn't meet the 1000 requirements.
Highlighted
Hiker

I had that issue with trying to live stream on all those platforms.
Highlighted
Hiker

EJ,
Is version 7.2 (9694) the most recent version of the app? Thanks.
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya has there been any updates?