Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Wifi issues while going live

I searched but every post that I found was either closed or didnt have an answer. s
Im using a GoPro MAX with a Pixel 4 with android 11 (also happens on 10).

When i try to go live, the gopro app (updated to October 12th) it searches for networks but cant find anything. I turn on hotspot. and

nothing. 

Already reset the app (deleted all data), factory reset the cam, restarted phone, disconected from wifi, changed to 2.4Ghz, back to 5Ghz.

I reckon that if i try like 20 or 50 times updateing wifi list it gives me a capped list of APs (hotspot not showing) but then again, if i use one of the APs give there, streaming says its going rock solid at 2800kbps but youtube doesnt recieve any data (checking on my account live dashboard)

So, either the app live sreaming functionality is really flawed or the last firmware update for the MAX messed thing up reallly badly.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wifi issues while going live

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @lamacarena. Have you been able to live stream with the same devices before? We just tested with a MAX on v1.50 using an Android 10 (Samsung) device with GoPro App v7.1 and we were able to successfully do a live stream. This was done while connected to a Wi-fi network. Does it matter which platform is selected for live streaming? If you can, see if the results will be different using a different phone. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

I I didn't want to stream to twitch, but I will soon.
I will also try te MAX connected to my ipad mini to see if ios version has this solved (even though I think the problem it's on the camera and not the app).

Will update with the results.
Thank you
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @lamacarena. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yall need to fix this ASAP. Do not respond to the customer like you're just finding out about this problem. I stream live from my go pro to OBS everyday since I purchased my max back in june. After the Oct update wifi search turns up nothing. To get it to work I had to delete wifi from my phone. Delete all traces of go pro from my phone reset the connections on the camera. And it only worked like that twice. Again, I stream to OBS using custom rtmp and I have been unable to stream for the past 2 weeks. $800 dollar camera, plus $60 membership is being used as a paperweight right now!! Fix this. I cant believe yall havent reverted the app back to a previous stable version to rectify this.
Highlighted
Hiker

Ok, here's the update. Sorry for the delay.

Gopro App on iOS: wifi is found more or less fine. I could connect to a wifi that was previously detected. But not my hotspot.
Twitch did work, but youtube over rtmp does not (even though the rtmp url does work if I stream from OBS).

Gopro App on Android, still can't find any wifi network so I can't try my streaming services.

So, the ios version seems to be more polished. But anyways there is still issues with streaming via custom urls
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @lamacarena. Have you been able to try out the following steps to detect your hotspot for streaming in the app? 

• Enter the live streaming config screen
  • Switch over to your hotspot screen on the iOS device.
  • Turn the hotspot OFF. Wait 5 seconds.
  • Turn the hotspot ON. Wait ~5 seconds on the hotspot screen.
  • Swap back to the GoPro app and select the dropdown.
  • Wait for the loading spinner to go away and you should see your hotspot in the list.

Which Android device are you using? 

Highlighted
Hiker

I am also having this issue with my GoPro Hero Max. I have tried on 2 separate android devices (A Samsung Galaxy S8 Active and an LG G4) and had the same result with both of them not showing any wifi networks and even with my mobile hotspot on, it will not allow me to connect. I am experiencing this with my GoPro Hero Max, GoPro Hero 8 Black, GoPro Hero 7 Black. I have successfully live-streamed on the GoPro Hero 7 Black about a year ago so I know that it's not a problem with my GoPro or Phone. I will post some pictures of what I am experiencing below.