Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Wifi and update problem

Hi all im having issues :/

my mate gave me his old hero 3+ Black when he upgraded to an 8 as mine has a broken usb port. The Go pro will not show up on my phones wifi?? So i decided to do a manual update followed the process corectly and it flashes up Wifi update fail go to gopro.com????? any ideas???IMG_0395.JPG

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wifi and update problem

@goldenb19, please make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera.

Additionally, you will want to make sure to follow all of the instructions as outlined on the GoPro website's update page to ensure no steps are being missed. I do also have some suggestions here that should help get the update working. 

• Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Format the SD card before placing the update folder in the root of the card (format on your computer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu); 

• Be sure to place the entire UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi yes folder has been extracted, copy and pasted onto a formatted Sandisk extreme 64gb card, it apperas to update the firmware then the wifi light starts to flash with the red light while saying updating then comes up wifi update failed.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @goldenb19,

Can you reformat your SD card again then download new UPDATE file. 

Make sure to download Wi-Fi and firmware update.

Let us know if that will work. 

If not try to contact GoPro customer support.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Will do now
Highlighted
Tourist

100% all directions followed and exactly the same outcome failed wifi update :/

Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @goldenb19,

Can you try to copy all update file?

Do not include the folder just the content of the UPDATE folder. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Just tried contents of the folder without the folder camera starts up as normal And dose not update