Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Wifi Bacpac register to updaze

Hi, I purchased a WiFi Bacpac Compo Kit for my Hero HD. Unfortunately I can not pair the Remote with the Bacpac and updating to the latest firmware is not possible, because I can not register those products any more and without registration no updates. Is there any way to solve this issue? Thanks for your help
Jürgen
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Wifi Bacpac register to updaze

There is no firmware update required for the BacPac or the Remote.  However if you need to set up a new connection (for instance if either the bacpac or the remote was connected to a different device before), you will need to download an older version of GoPro Studio to achieve this.

If you believe that your camera itself needs to be updated, then with the older camera's, you do not need to register them, you can simply download the last firmware updates available by going here:

https://gopro.com/en/us/update

Just click on "Show all" and the original Hero HD will be displayed at the bottom of the page, click on the image and you'll be taken to a page with the firmware download linked and install instructions listed.

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Wifi Bacpac register to updaze

Hi,

thanks for that very fast reply.
" However if you need to set up a new connection (for instance if either the bacpac or the remote was connected to a different device before), you will need to download an older version of GoPro Studio to achieve this." that's the issue.
I'm stuck here. Do you have any advice how to pair & connect the two?

Thanks
Jürgen
Highlighted
Nomad

Go look for the manual and read them for the camera and the bacpac.  They will have instructions on what you need to do.  Off the top of my head I would say that you need to download and install the firmware update for your camera to give it the WiFi Backpac compatability.  You then need to attach the Wifi backpack to the camera and go into the menu, the menu should now have WiFi options in there.  Set up a wifi connection and it should ask if it's for the GoPro app or the Remote.  Choose remote and put the camera into pairing mode.

Turn on your remote, put it into pairing mode and the two should eventually find eachother and link up.

Highlighted
Tourist

That's exactly what I did, but the two did not find to each other. Then I started googleing and read that you need the up to date firmware on the bacpac and remote. That was the point where I started this thread, hoping for a hint to factory reset the whole stuff, or firmware update without registration or get a registration for this old stuff or something else magic....
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Wifi Bacpac register to updaze

Hello, @jürgeng13. Our Support team will be able to assist you further. Connect with them by chat or callback request through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .