Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

Hey @Anonymous and @Anonymous,

Great troubleshooting and approaches in getting this resolved. Have you tried resetting the WiFi on the camera itself? What happens there? You should see this in the Reset Cam option towards the bottom of the Menu options in Setup.

Once that has been reset, try pairing again and let us know what happens! If you both are still not able to connect, I may recommend seeking additional assistance with our Customer Support team as this isn't typical behavior for the camera.

You can reach Customer Support by visiting GoPro.com/support.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

Lorraine

Hub Community Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

I did try the Wifi reset a couple of times. I called into the customer service, The CSR had to check with the team leaders and then told me I was one of the lucky 1 in a thousand that had it and it was a fatal hardware issue that need to be replaced. I took it back to the store I purchased it from on the last day of the 30 day exchange.  I am now on my 4th one, and sadly still have the helicopter of death. :( I am really hoping they can fix it someday, it would be nice to use the remote and or the phone paring.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous, 

What you're describing is not the normal experience for GoPro users, nor is it the experience that we want you to have. I'm going to escalate your case and contact you personally to see what we can do to get this resolved. 

I look forward to speaking with you soon. 

Best,

Matt B. 

GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

i also experience the same. I just bought my GoPro 4 Silver yesterdayIMG_4723.JPG

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous,

I hope this isn't causing too much disappointment seeing as it is a new camera. I have some steps to see if we can turn this experience around. Follow the steps below and keep us posted on the outcome.

• Reset Wi-Fi on the camera
    • With the camera ON, navigate and enter the "SETUP" menu. 
    • Navigate to "RESET CAM" and select this option with the Shutter button.
    • Select "RESET Wi-Fi" (if you don't see this option, you will need to Manually Update your camera.)
  • Wait for 8 seconds (it is important to wait at least 8secs so any changes made will fully complete)
  • Pull the battery out of the camera, leave the battery out for about 10 seconds. (same as above)
  • Re-insert battery and press the power button to turn the camera on. Allow the camera 10 seconds to fully boot up.
  • Enable Wi-Fi for GoPro App
    • On the front of the camera, press the mode button until you see "Setup".
    • Press the shutter button to select into the "Setup" Menu.
    • Press the shutter button to select Wi-Fi.
    • Press the mode button to scroll down to "GoPro App" then press the shutter button.
    • Press the "Continue" button in the app.
    • Select your camera from the list (e.g. GoPro 1411....).
    • Select "Pair My Camera".
    • Enter the pin number that is listed on the camera's LCD Screen.
    • Connect to the cameras Wi-Fi network.

I hope this helps!

Lorraine

Hub Community Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi GO Pro CS, i have the same issue encounter.

Currently has performed step tthat is guided but hrere the wifi is not turned on and blue signed is not seen. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

So I'm experiencing the same issue and it is really annoying...

I've tried to reset the gopro and wifi a couple of times, updated manually twice and tried to pair with a couple of android phones as well as an iphone.

Can you confirm that this is a hardware issue and that I need to return the camera to the vendor?

Best Regards,

Benjamin

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous and @Anonymous, 

When you say you're running into the same issue, is it the same initial issue of the wireless not turning on at all? Or is that your cameras are not showing a PIN number when trying to pair up? 

As a reminder, you definitely want to make sure the camera is not shown in the list of previously connected devices on your phone. If it is, you should delete it. It is best, then, to run an update to the camera. Even if you already have the most recent firmware, it's a good idea to reinstall just to see if that resolves the problem. Once the (re)installation of the latest firmware is complete, reset the Wi-Fi on the HERO4 in the Set Up menu. Then go to the Wireless menu and choose Pair (not ON). 

If the wiress won't connect this way, or if the PIN number still won't show up, I would suggest exchanging the camera where you bought it from or contacting our Support Team for assistance with a solution. 

I hope that helps!

Matt B.
GoPro Support Hub Moderator