Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

enter the default password on your gopro " goprohero " and open the gopro app and delete the last account and add the new account 

Highlighted
Sightseer

enter the default password on your connection " goprohero " and then open the goproapp and delete the last account then add new device

Highlighted
Tourist

I am done with go pro. Wifi issue is totally pissing me off. Does the 360fly have these issues or is there another brand avail. GoPro doesn’t seem to give a **bleep** apart from very generic responses. I am about to go on another overseas trip and GoPro is my only issue. I would rather buy any other product as there customer support seems non existent
Highlighted
Tourist

Similar to everyone in this topic, I cannot get the pairing code for weeks. It suddenly stopped working. 

I have tried all the resets, format+updates, battery replacement, different SD cards. Everything. I even bought a sd card reader, since their devices are not able to be updated via a cable.

It is such a shame for a company like GoPro to provide insufficient solutions. As far as I can see from all the posts, they are not even able to provide a clear explanation on what is causing the problem? 

Is it an hardware or software issue? I spent hours and days trying to solve this, it is really pissing you off when you are in the middle of a vacation and suddenly you are not able to transfer any of your media.

IMG_9955.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@quickbeach60255 - If you've never been able to get a pairing code, the issue is likely due to an error with the camera's firmware. Doing a manual update on the camera should correct this issue. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero4.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi. Im having the same problem. My wifi cant be turned on. Then sometime it can. But most of the time cant. I dont know what else to do
Highlighted
Tourist

jefft

I have tried the manuel update at least 10 times, result is the same. Is there any other way to format everything? (other than the embedded reset cam option)

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

A manual reset is the best way to get the latest firmware onto the camera. If that doesn't reset the interface to give you a pairing code, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help get this figured out with you.