Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

3 weeks a go I had to send back two Hero`s 4 Silver back to you cause they wouldn’t turn on, you replace the cameras with firmware 3.00 already installed, the two of them were working ok, but 3 days ago 1 of them cant turn Wi-Fi on, not matter what I do, trying to turn the Wi-Fi from the settings doesn’t work, 10s from the settings button doesn’t work, I’ve try everything  I can imagine, reinstalling firmware 3, resetting Wi-Fi, resetting defaults, formatting sd, nothing works, when you turn on Wi-Fi, no blue light....is this a firmware problem? please try to give an answer to this as soon as possible cause searching for this it seems the problem is with a lot of people.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

[ Edited ]

@coling661,

Thanks for your response letting us know how the process went for you! I'm glad to hear that you've got the replacement camera, that it's working well, and that it didn't take too long to get it.

I'm looking through this thread and realize it's 7 pages long, so I'd like to provide a summary that will be useful for anybody looking for answers in the future. Keep in mind that this applies to the HERO4 Black and Silver cameras.

Some of the PROBLEMS covered in this thread include:

-No PIN code showing up when pairing your camera.

-The Wi-Fi immediately turning from ON to OFF.

-No connection being found in your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings.

All of these issues have fairly similar solutions and troubleshooting:

-Make sure that you are going to the PAIR option rather than the ON/OFF option on your first time pairing the camera with a new mobile device or after resetting Wi-Fi in the camera. These options are in the WIRELESS section of the camera menu.

-If you seem to have an error in which the camera is not recognized by your phone, or if no PIN code is not showing up when you press PAIR, then we'll want to reset the Wi-Fi on the camera (Set Up menu --> RESET CAM --> RESET Wi-Fi). It's important, after doing this, to make sure to ERASE your camera from the list of previously connected devices in the GOPRO APP if you had connected and given your camera a name in the past. After having both reset the camera's Wi-Fi and erased the camera from the App, you can go through the pairing process, and add the camera again, creating a new name and password.

-If you are using an Android phone and you cannot maintain a connection, make sure to turn off any advanced setting in your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings that searches for the best network. Having this option activated may cause the camera to be ignored, since it doesn't connect to the Internet.

-If none of these steps work, you can always try running a manual update on the camera to see if that improves your results.

Of course, if none of these solutions help, you can feel free to post here or to reach out to the GoPro Support Team for further assistance.

All the best,

Matt B.

GoPro Support Hub Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

You tried everything possible and impossible. Call customer service, looks like there is a problem with WiFi.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same problem untill yesterday I found a solution  to fix the problem by serching on Google and now the wi-fi is turning on everytime this is what i found.

Go into setup menu and select the wireless tab and then turn on the Wi-fi.  While you are within the wireless tab  select Pair/connect and then select the Gopro App.and then it will show a pin number to pair with the mobile device. Go to you phone and turn on the gopro App.

select connect to camera and it then should find the camera and then pair the two together. Now the Wi-Fi on the Gopro should work normal .

It took me a couple of times to do it thats because i no idea what i was doing but it worked  and i have checked this morning and the wi-fi is turning on evertime.

Hope this also works for you

Highlighted
Anonymous

That’s the normal procedure, the thing is that the wifi doesn’t starts, an no PIN number appears, thanx for trying to help anyway

@warrent65702 wrote:

I had the same problem untill yesterday I found a solution  to fix the problem by serching on Google and now the wi-fi is turning on everytime this is what i found.

Go into setup menu and select the wireless tab and then turn on the Wi-fi.  While you are within the wireless tab  select Pair/connect and then select the Gopro App.and then it will show a pin number to pair with the mobile device. Go to you phone and turn on the gopro App.

select connect to camera and it then should find the camera and then pair the two together. Now the Wi-Fi on the Gopro should work normal .

It took me a couple of times to do it thats because i no idea what i was doing but it worked  and i have checked this morning and the wi-fi is turning on evertime.

Hope this also works for you

That’s the normal procedure, the thing is that the wifi doesn’t starts, an no PIN number appears, thanx for trying to help anyway

Highlighted
GoPro

Like @Anonymous was saying though, are you making sure to press PAIR in the Set Up menu? If you just try to turn it on it may immediately turn off. It might have lost connection with your mobile device after the update and won't know how to turn on if it hasn't been repaired. Maybe I didn't understand correctly, but if you can go to Set Up --> Wireless --> Pair (rather than ON/OFF) it should bribng up a 4-digit PIN. 

Does that resolve it? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I thought I would do anyone who is experiencing this exact same problem (like I was) a favor, because the above advice is missing part of the solution (which worked for me). When you go into the GoPro app on your phone and select Connect Your Camera, try selecting Add New Device rather than trying to connect to the same device that used to work, and give your camera a new unique name. Then just follow the step by step directions within the app.

I don't have an explanation as to why this worked, but it worked for me.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am having the same problem on a new less than an hour old H4S. This is my third H4S the last two had no problem paring other than the helicopter of death sound when wifi was enabled. This one as soon as I pluged it into my computer the softwhare update crashed 3 times befor getting a successful run. No mater what I do it will not pair. I have manualy loaded the update again onto MSD and updated that way, dumped the app, reloaded, wifi reset, camera reset. No blue light and no PIN. :(

GoPro Pairing Issue.PNG
Highlighted
Anonymous

I got the same problem from now. i can't put on the wifi, just a few seconds works in the pairing mode, but when the camera connect the wifi stop!