Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm glad we are going to be able to get you taken care of. The turn around time can take 2 or 3 weeks sometimes, but since you're in Singapore I think that it will probably go quicker than that for you. For specific timeframes in regards to your case, the Support Agent will probably be the best person to determine how long the exchange will take. 

Highlighted
Tourist

My replacement has arrived today which is quite impressive from Holland (Thanks GoPro)
The courier did not work through Easter so it has only taken about a week.
The replacement seems to be working fine, so nice to use after all the hassle with the original one which rather made you just not want to use it!

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@coling661,

Thanks for your response letting us know how the process went for you! I'm glad to hear that you've got the replacement camera, that it's working well, and that it didn't take too long to get it.

I'm looking through this thread and realize it's 7 pages long, so I'd like to provide a summary that will be useful for anybody looking for answers in the future. Keep in mind that this applies to the HERO4 Black and Silver cameras.

Some of the PROBLEMS covered in this thread include:

-No PIN code showing up when pairing your camera.

-The Wi-Fi immediately turning from ON to OFF.

-No connection being found in your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings.

All of these issues have fairly similar solutions and troubleshooting:

-Make sure that you are going to the PAIR option rather than the ON/OFF option on your first time pairing the camera with a new mobile device or after resetting Wi-Fi in the camera. These options are in the WIRELESS section of the camera menu.

-If you seem to have an error in which the camera is not recognized by your phone, or if no PIN code is not showing up when you press PAIR, then we'll want to reset the Wi-Fi on the camera (Set Up menu --> RESET CAM --> RESET Wi-Fi). It's important, after doing this, to make sure to ERASE your camera from the list of previously connected devices in the GOPRO APP if you had connected and given your camera a name in the past. After having both reset the camera's Wi-Fi and erased the camera from the App, you can go through the pairing process, and add the camera again, creating a new name and password.

-If you are using an Android phone and you cannot maintain a connection, make sure to turn off any advanced setting in your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings that searches for the best network. Having this option activated may cause the camera to be ignored, since it doesn't connect to the Internet.

-If none of these steps work, you can always try running a manual update on the camera to see if that improves your results.

Of course, if none of these solutions help, you can feel free to post here or to reach out to the GoPro Support Team for further assistance.

All the best,

Matt B.

GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am haveing the same issue as Jeroenv1587  every time I enter the PIN on my Android phone it says it is incorrect. I have reset Wifi generated many pins and the App keeps saying that they are incorrect.  I am connected to the cameras WiFi

Highlighted
GoPro

@quickridge, 

Let's try these steps:

1) Make sure Bluetooth is turned off on the phone. Try pairing once more. 

2) Go to your Wi-Fi settings and choose for your phone to FORGET the camera's network (there should be an option if you click on the network to "Forget This Network." Then try pairing once more. 

3) Reset Wi-Fi on the camera (Set Up-->RESET CAM-->RESET Wi-Fi). Delete the camera's name from your App if it's on there (Camera section of the App-->Click EDIT-->Click the red X by your camera name if it is there). Try pairing up once more. 

Let us know how that goes!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I had to reload the 3.00 firmware in a brand new camera.   I hope this isn't faulty ROM and is just bad build proccess and quality control

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Reloading the firmware can indeed correct errors such as this, especially if there was any hiccup in the last installation. Did that resolve the problem for you? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Matt,

I have followed the steps however when I turn off bluetooth I can't pair. Wifi does not switch on. Since the camera therefore does not show up on the wifi list on my phone I can't make it forget it. I already have removed the camera name on the app and reset wifi settings. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeroen