Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver and PIN not showing on camera

Thank for sharing this, @dennyconway. Glad that your camera is up and running now. 

Best, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

This worked for me as well.

Highlighted
GoPro

Awesome!

@nikk50, glad to know that. 

-Regards, 

Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

[ Edited ]

I actually ran into this same problem yesterday. No PIN when pairing. No blue light for wireless connection. I tried everything written here including manual update, update via Quik, WiFi Reset, battery removal, and contacting support. But nothing happened. Camera's WiFi is still dead.

However, my camera's wireless magically came back to life just minutes ago. I've read somewhere else that I can use Nearby Device Scanning (Android Settings) to wake up the camera using Bluetooth Low Energy. Right from the day I first used my phone, I have disabled Nearby Device Scanning. So I turned on Nearby Device Scanning in my Android Settings. On the GoPro App, I attempted the device pairing with Bluetooth and WiFi on. On the camera, I go to Setup > Pair > GoPro App.

I don't know if Nearby Device Scanning is the real answer to this issue. But I hope it would work for you as well.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: WiFi not turning on in Hero 4 Silver

Interesting! Thank you for sharing, @blueflame75403 . Great to know that your camera and phone are already paired up. Have fun using your GoPro!