06-25-2019 09:21 AM
I have a GoPro hero 4 silver and the WiFi isn’t connecting to my app or my iPhone/iPad. I have tried resetting the WiFi on the GoPro a few times and have re-tried pairing my GoPro to the app (and I have also tried to add my GoPro as a be device with no luck), but when pairing there is no pairing ‘number’ on the GoPro so this fails. When I click on WiFi to connect my GoPro (as I have done so for a few years) the GoPro doesn’t appear as a wireless connection. I’ve tried this on a total of 3 different devices. Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?
06-25-2019 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble. Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
If the issue persists, please contact our Support team so they can assist you on the next steps. Let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.
Hopefully this helps.
06-25-2019 11:41 AM
Thank you for your reply Ann. I’ve tried deleting my current gopro from the app and adding it on again, but when I select pairing on my GoPro no numbers appear on my GoPro. Is there a way to get these pairing numbers on my gopro again? I have attached a photo for reference.
06-25-2019 11:49 AM
@swifttree4161, I got you. Thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. I've seen this issue before and performing a camera factory reset has resolved this. Otherwise, you can also try reinstalling the firmware update of the camera as it can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras
If the problem still persists after going through the suggested steps above, please contact our Support team so they can look further into options for you.