Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

WiFi connection to camera doesn't work

[ New ]

I haven't used the camera for a while and have recently changed to another phone, an iPhone 6s. After having restarted the GoPro app on my phone and then tried to pair the camera with the phone, using WiFi, the phone brings up the camera in the WiFi list. When I ask the app on the phone, to find the camera it cannot find it and asks me to seek support. The camera will not pair. When I try to turn WiFi ON, in the camera, it asks if I want to turn WiFi off, to which I enter no, but it always remains in the OFF mode, despite attempts to command it to turn WiFi on. If the phone's WiFi is seeing the camera but the app does not, what do I do? I have done a soft reset, I've manually uploaded the latest update and installed it but this makes no difference. The firmware is up to date on V.3.03. I have even deleted and reinstalled the app and now the app says it does not recognise the password. Is there anything I can do before giving up the will to live?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: WiFi connection to camera doesn't work

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the issues with your camera, @nikonitis. Since troubleshooting steps have been done including a manual update, the next step would be to engage our SUpport team for further assistance. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: WiFi connection to camera doesn't work

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the issues with your camera, @nikonitis. Since troubleshooting steps have been done including a manual update, the next step would be to engage our SUpport team for further assistance. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.