Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Why wont my sd card format?

[ New ]

I just bought a 128gb extreme pro. I have tried multiple times to get card to format. Let it sit overnight ( 8 hours or so ) and it still spinning saying formating. 
Camera is up to date and do not have a way to format with computer. 

Any help would be great. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Why wont my sd card format?

[ New ]

Do a full format of the card in your pc, then put it in your camera and complete another format to see if that will work.  There have been reported issues over the years regarding Sandisc cards, I use Samsung cards myself, have never had an issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

What is the brand name of the SD card?  

A format in the camera should only take a few moments as it's the equivilant of a quick format (and not a full format).  It's more than likely that the card is not being recognized by you camera which is why it's essential to know what brand of SD card you are using.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Sandisk extreme pro 128gb
Nomad

[ New ]

Do a full format of the card in your pc, then put it in your camera and complete another format to see if that will work.  There have been reported issues over the years regarding Sandisc cards, I use Samsung cards myself, have never had an issue.