Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why this weird pixelation/grain HERO 6

[ Edited ]

i see only a very high compression...did you render your video using any software ? how many MBit do you choose before final rendering ? i upload all my videos with 20+ MBit and they're all perfect

Highlighted
Hiker

I would love to see perfect footage from a hero 6, do you have a link of a user made video?

That footage was rendered with davinci but the wierd artifacts/pixels are present on footage  straight out of the camera. h265 is new to me very possibly I am doing something wrong but Im unsure how to resolve large blocky sqaure pixels on footage directly out of the camera.  

Is there a link to a davinci hero6 tutorial ? I am very eager to learn how to get usable footage out of this Camera. Thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

the test I have posted were rendered as h264 20000 kbs, I just rendered both at 40000 kbs and the blocky compression artifacts are gone but still has a very pixelated look as if its filmed thru a screen door. Ill keep experimenting Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

i have got a similar problem. on any resolution 1080, 2,7K or 4K... with or without protune... on any program... everywhere the same....
see sample picture. 

hero6 is uptodate

who can help?

hero6 problem.png
Highlighted
Explorer

Can you upload the original video file, straight from the camera, to YouTube and then post it here?

What SD card are you using (make/model/size)?
Highlighted
Tourist

using a sandisk exteme plus 64GB

videos are not on the gopro anymore...

Highlighted
Tourist

also a problem on pictures taken from hero6

GOPR3634_small.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same f***ing problem! I've tried all the configurations and possibilities, always after upload the vídeos to youtube it messed up everything, videos pixalized as this image:

Screenshot from 2018-05-04 07-47-05.png

Camera firmware is updated.