Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Why this weird pixelation/grain HERO 6

To clarify, how does it look on your computer before you upload?
Sightseer

I will upload to Google Drive some samples.

Explorer

OK, but what I'm asking is, how do the videos look straight out of the camera when you view them on your computer (in a decent media player, not Quik)?
Sightseer

It's a good question also Smiley LOL I just bought the camera and for my patience and use the smartphone is the only interface to visualize the videos and edit them. I just watched the video on PC after upload them to youtube now let's how it looks like before any edit.

Sightseer

The video was recorded without protune with 1080p 60fps

Video edited using Quik app:

Video edited using ActionDirector app exported with 4k 30fps:

Look de huge difference between youtube and the file. Using ActionDirector app and exporting with 1080p 60fps I got a worst result, as the quik youtube vídeo.

Sightseer

Well I also have the same problem and there are zero solutions on this page. Just more questions.  Going to venice next month. Not taking the 6 because of this. Just gonna use old relyable Hero 3+

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

If the pixelation is coming directly from the camera and not from an editor or after uploading to YouTube or similar site, then there may be an issue with the SD card or the camera. If you are using one of these cards https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations , have run a MANUAL update and are still seeing pixelation on raw unedited videos with a video player like VLC media player on a computer with decent specs, then contact the GoPro Support Team. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

If you are seeing this after uploading to YouTube or after editing, then the issue resides with how you are rendering the video. It could also be your computer. The Hero3+ Silver for example, records at up to 25 Mb/s while the Hero6 records a bit rate up to 78 Mb/s in HEVC, which is significantly more demanding on the computer.

Tourist

i had the same issue. pixeling after uploading. 
i changed the usb port and then all was fine... its very strange. but now it works.