Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad
Accepted Solution

Why the big frame on Hero6 and not a built inn finger mount like the Fusion?

[ Edited ]

Seriously making the Hero 5/6 protected from the elements was perpaps a good idea - if you disregard the lower qulity sound. But the seriously big "frame" thing is almost equally big to a polycarbonate housing. So the advantage of a waterproof camera in itself disappears almost completely when you need to munt it.

On the Fusion howevere there is only a smal finger mount connected to the bottom and not a big cumbersom frame. Why not do the same on the Hero-cameras?

FusionMountingFingers_780x415_02.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Why the big frame on Hero6 and not a built inn finger mount like the Fusion?

I wanne have the Hero6 get a small finger mount and not the ugly case...

View solution in original post

hero6_finger.jpg

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Why the big frame on Hero6 and not a built inn finger mount like the Fusion?

Fusion mount

FusionMountingFingers_780x415_01.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

Hero6 big ugly frame mount system.

61tiEaKrBxL._SY355_.jpg
Highlighted
Nomad

I wanne have the Hero6 get a small finger mount and not the ugly case...

hero6_finger.jpg
Highlighted
Backpacker

Fusion was released after the Hero 5/6, so it could be the way the Hero 7 mounts. Personally I prefer the Frame as it gives quite alot more protection to the camera if it does take a tumble