Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why release a brand new camera when the accessories aren’t even available for the Hero Black 8??

[ New ]
I was reading that the Hero 9 is to drop this month, but the accessories for the 8 aren’t even readily available. The service reps are obviously overseas, since GoPro outsources, and they have zero knowledge of anything really. It is sad that I pay for the insurance and have been a “fanboy” of GoPro for years, yet I’m receiving little to no information on their product that dropped barely a year ago. It took me forever to finally get my hand on the light adapter and the Media Mod for the Hero Black 8, but the Display mod is near nonexistent. It may be time for me to re-access my loyalty and start researching other action cameras. Very disappointing to say the least.
0FFB196C-90FF-4492-A06E-CAF20777510D.png
Nomad

Re: Why release a brand new camera when the accessories aren’t even available for the Hero Black 8??

[ New ]

It's a case of Covid 19 affecting production schedules worldwide.  As a result, GoPro had to make choices about production schedules vs recorded interest in products.  In this case the media mod was top of the list (since the display mod requires it to function, why focus on the display mod if there aren't enough media mod's available?).

Quite a number of people already have the media mod and have succesfully placed orders for the display mod.  It's now a case of just waiting for stock levels to catch up before you can place another order.  

Also please note that the GoPro Hero 9 does not require the mods to function (nor does the 8) so why not release the new camera?