Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why my GoPro Max footage looks bad (has weird artifacts - something is wrong with the lenses?)

[ New ]
My GoPro Max footage has some weird shadows. It looks like the videos from both lenses aren't merged correctly.

Please take a look: https://youtu.be/uQexxWcmdOE

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Why my GoPro Max footage looks bad (has weird artifacts - something is wrong with the lenses?)

[ New ]

If you download your footage on the Samsung S20 and then upload it to youtube, then it's an edit.  There's an ongoing issue with the graphics chipset that the Samsung S20 uses and it causes these glitches.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Why my GoPro Max footage looks bad (has weird artifacts - something is wrong with the lenses?)

[ New ]

Are you editing using a Samsung S20?

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm downloading my footage on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (I don't edit it though).
Backpacker

[ New ]

If you download your footage on the Samsung S20 and then upload it to youtube, then it's an edit.  There's an ongoing issue with the graphics chipset that the Samsung S20 uses and it causes these glitches.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for the info.