Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why my GoPro 7 is consuming my phone data?

[ New ]

I tried to connect my phone with my GoPro 7 and it keeps pushing 'error' windows until I allow the GoPro to use my LTE data.

I thought the connection should not use any of my phone data. But 30 seconds later after the connection, my carrier sent me a message that my high-speed data runs out. Like over 100mb in a second and it's all gone.

I wonder if I need the data to connect? if not, how can I avoid the data flying away???

Adventurer

Re: Why my GoPro 7 is consuming my phone data?

[ New ]

tell us you set Icloud storage up?

Tourist

[ New ]
Oh I did turn on the Icloud for Quik, but other that I can't find any connection from GoPro(app) to Icloud. is that the reason?
GoPro

[ New ]

@megastoke47388, when subscribed to GoPro PLUS and Mobile Upload is enabled on the GoPro App, the app will automatically upload the photos and videos on your App tab to your cloud storage. If Cellular Upload is enabled, GoPro will upload the media contents on the app to the cloud using your Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez I see, even though I don't remember subscribing to the GoPro Plus or turn on the Mobile Upload thing... I think I'd better turn off LTE for GoPro and hope my phone could successfully connect to the machine.

GoPro

[ New ]

I got the same thing setup on my mobile device, @megastoke47388. I have Mobile Upload enabled, but Cellular Upload is disabled. This allows the GoPro App to ONLY start uploading the contents on the app to cloud when my phone is connected to Wi-Fi. This doesn't affect my phone's cellular data connection.

For your reference, you can set these settings in the GoPro App through the following steps:

• iOS: Open GoPro App. Sign in your account associated to GoPro PLUS. Tap on the Settings icon, then select GoPro Plus, and choose Mobile Upload.
  • Android: Open GoPro App. Sign in your account associated to GoPro PLUS. Tap on the Settings icon, next select Account, then tap GoPro Plus and choose Mobile Upload.

Hopefully this helps.

Ann