Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why is the display mod delayed? Here we are almost 6 months from release and accessories missing!

[ New ]

We are almost 6 months from the release of the Hero 8 and still no display mod. The accessories for the media mod were a big hype for the Hero 8 purchase and they are still continuously out of stock or not released at all. That is not to mention the discount for the Plus members that was revoked after the initial camera purchase introductory period.

Nomad

Re: Why is the display mod delayed? Here we are almost 6 months from release and accessories missing

[ New ]

Try watching the news and you might find out why just about nearly every shipment of electronics from Asia is delayed.

There is a thing called a "Corona" virus that has shut down production in Asia.  Not only has this put production months behind on all products manufactured in Asia, there is also an embargo on 40ft shipment containers and shipments of goods into stockyards is being halted and quarantined.  This has been covered by the news extensively, so you may want to pay attention to what's going on in the world

Tourist

Re: Why is the display mod delayed? Here we are almost 6 months from release and accessories missing

[ New ]

Nomad irishmanpdx 

Well it is so nice of you to put your reply in such a bitchy fashion! I am aware of what is happening in the world, probably more so than you. I think as a responsible company, GoPro could let it's customers know about it's supply problems (which it has had way before the Covid 19 virus). These accessories have been delayed for quite some time, way before they would have been affected by the current situation.

I am sure that they have been affected by the situation in Asia and the import problems that may be associated with that. The items should have been available when the Hero 8 was first sold or within a month or two. At this point now there is no doubt that the items will be further delayed. A statement of the situation by GoPro to its customers would be a nice courtesy.

Since you are so "knowledgeable" check the news articles related to GoPro's prior failures in meeting demand and customer service.

What is really apparent is that you are condoscending and obnoxious in your deameanor. Just what we need in these trying times!

If you are so afraid and impacted by the trials and tribulations of living, feel free to crawl under a table, stop living and wilt away!

OH! Sorry! That was me being condosceding and obnoxious. Maybe if you would be more humane in your deameanor we could have a civil conversation about things. I doubt that though!

Nomad

[ New ]

Well it is so nice of you to put your reply in such a bitchy fashion!

You are very welcome, I aim to please.

I am aware of what is happening in the world, probably more so than you.

Apparently not, you didn't know why shipments have been delayed, this would mean you are unaware.

These accessories have been delayed for quite some time, way before they would have been affected by the current situation.

Actually this was covered by GoPro on it's sales page when the GP 8 was release in October with pre-orders of the media mod only availabe in Jan, and pre-orders of the display mod availabe in Feb although this was later changed to March.  Those dates did not change until Feb, the Covid 19 outbreak started last November.  That would mean that the delay happened after the outbreak started affecting shipments.  That's simple math.

A statement of the situation by GoPro to its customers would be a nice courtesy.

Pointing out the obvious would also be a waste of time, but there I go, pointing out the obvious....

Since you are so "knowledgeable" check the news articles related to GoPro's prior failures in meeting demand and customer service.

Why would I do that?  I have my GoPro's, I have my media mods, I'm not in the market for a display mod.  So I really aren't affect by these delays.

What is really apparent is that you are condoscending and obnoxious in your deameanor.

No I was just condescending (that means talking down to you)(and note the proper spelling of the word), I was only obnoxious when I read your reply because you couldn't simply accept a stated fact, you had to get on your high horse and make a dramatic little speech.

Just what we need in these trying times!

It could be worse, I could be ignoring the suffering of others and ranting on about not getting my material goods when I wanted them and complaining about how unfair it was.  

If you are so afraid and impacted by the trials and tribulations of living, feel free to crawl under a table, stop living and wilt away!

Actually fear leads to hate, the kind of hate you've demonstrated with your reply.   I mean telling someone to stop living??  Are you encouraging someone to commit suicide?  Wow, that's some real issues there 

OH! Sorry!

That's ok, I accept your apology, you were wrong, I'm glad to see you can admit that.

That was me being condosceding and obnoxious.

No, condescending (please note the proper spelling) is talking down to someone for a position of superiority.  You have failed to demonstrate that part completely, but well done, you have been very obnoxious.  Congrats on being such a wonderful obnoxious human being???  

Maybe if you would be more humane in your deameanor we could have a civil conversation about things.

Had you been nicer in your reply I could have found it in me to apologize for hurting your feelings snowflake, but apparently neither of us is the better person here.

I doubt that though!

That's becuase you're a very negative person.  Try being positive and being an inspiration to others.  Maybe if you treat the world nicer, you'll encourage them to be nicer in return, in the meantime, you'll just have to continue to reap what you sow.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just the reply I expected. With 2185 posts on this forum, I understand this is your life. I was trying to get information on a product that I purchased and items associated with that. I get a forum troll who enjoys sticking themselves into others business being the worlds feelings ,and apparently spelling, police. If you don't work for GoPro your comments are not really relevant, or important, so I will ignore them in the future. If you do work for GoPro, that explains everything.  I am not bothered or upset with your comments or replies and feel sorry that this type of activity fulfills your day. I hope that my questions/comments have given you some type of superior satisfaction. Hope you have a great life in the GoPro forums.

Nomad

[ New ]

Just the reply I expected.

What lotto numbers do you expect and can you share them here?

With 2185 posts on this forum, I understand this is your life.

Yes, helping non whiney people with actual camera issues and understanding of the world is a large part of my life.  So is helping animals, providing people with a stable job and trying to improve road safety.

I was trying to get information on a product that I purchased and items associated with that.

No you weren't, you were complaining about not getting something which was delayed due to a worldwide devestating outbreak, but you didn't care about that, you care about you and wanting it NOW...

I get a forum troll who enjoys sticking themselves into others business being the worlds feelings ,and apparently spelling, police.

Other people's business?  You posted on a public forum where the public gets to reply, do you not know how this works?  Also, I correct punctuation.  

If you don't work for GoPro your comments are not really relevant, or important, so I will ignore them in the future.

Really?  This is odd due to the fact I actually gave you the factual information as to why the display mod was delayed.  You want to ignore facts now....  good choice!

If you do work for GoPro, that explains everything. 

You're kinda covering all the bases here aren't you?  "If you work for GoPro I'd expect you to say that, if you don't work for GoPro I'd expect you to say that too...".  What if I work for a secret religous order?  What would you expect me to say then?

I am not bothered or upset with your comments or replies and feel sorry that this type of activity fulfills your day.

You obviously are, you made a huge speech in reply, this shows how upset you are.  Again, failing to be condescending..  

I hope that my questions/comments have given you some type of superior satisfaction.

No, it actually made me feel sad that there's so many people out there in the world with so little understanding or caring about those around them and can only focus soley on themselves.

Hope you have a great life in the GoPro forums.

I believe you mean "On" the forums......  and I will, thank you!

Tourist

[ New ]
U really need to be quiet. U came on this post starting with him/her for asking a reasonable question. If we spent our money on the Hero 8 with the promise of these Mods coming, GoPro could at least have the decency to give us the updates on the Display Mod we’ve been waiting for. Doesn’t matter what’s going on in the world, the least they could do is give an update. Now shut up!
Nomad

[ New ]

U really need to be quiet.

It's spelled "You".  Proper grammer is more important than ever in this day and age.

U came on this post starting with him/her for asking a reasonable question.

It's spelled "You".  Since this is a public forum post I "came" on this post and replied with the correct information to the user, they simply didn't like the point I made regarding their inability to consider others.  Also I agree with you 100%, it was a reasonable question.  It however was not asked in a reasonable manner and was quite selfish in nature.  One only has to spend a little time to understand the current socioeconomic climate and the affect of this devestating virus on both people and infrastructure.  In other words, one needs to step back and see the bigger picture and stop whining about the trivial things in their lives including (but not limited to) material goods.

If we spent our money on the Hero 8 with the promise of these Mods coming, GoPro could at least have the decency to give us the updates on the Display Mod we’ve been waiting for.

The did, two months ago, the changed their site to say "Pre-order in March".  Now that's likely to change again, especially with many shipping companies being ordered to concentrate solely on medical supplies and much needed goods.  However there has been no official statement on this and it would be foolish to expect GoPro to be psychic and make these predictions ahead of time.  

Doesn’t matter what’s going on in the world, the least they could do is give an update.

It actually does matter what's going on in the world, it matters a great deal.  People are suffering, the economy is tanking, this is one of the most challenging times we've experienced and this is when we need to band together and think of others.   This virus has a 2% mortality rate and people are going to die.  You could know some of these people, they could be loved ones, neighbours, workmates, friends or just people you pass by on the street.  To actually state "it doesn't matter what's going on in the world" is one of the most selfish self centered things a person could possibly say.  Shame on you.

Now shut up!

I actually had "shut up", the conversation was over.  If silence is so important to you, why would you restart a conversation you were not originally part of?  Perhaps there is someone here who should be quiet, let's see if you can figure out whom that person is.

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m not reading all that. I said what I said!
Sightseer

[ New ]
I agree with you 100 percent if this person does work for or reply in behalf of gopro there very condescending. a simple email or a sticky on the forum stating what's delaying the products we all pre ordered also this has been going on since before covid 19 was announced. I'm ready to take my gopro back there great when they work but I'm on my 3ed the first one froze when I tried to update firmware second gopro over heated while time lapse recording and battery started to melt.
Tourist

[ New ]

erikab1033 Thank you for your support of my original question. I have the same views as you and was only looking for a reasonable response from someone who may know the supply chain and possible solutions to providing customers with the items promised. I bought the Hero 8 for the accessories that were so highly advertised on it's release. If not for that I would have kept using my Hero 7 and saved the money. Or continued to use the Heros 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for various projects that came along.

I also feel for the situation going on in the world and the people who have been affected in such a horrible situation. It will affect everyone in one way or another. But life must go on. We are always faced with crisis and tribulations. We have to work through them and not hide our heads and stop trying to live a productive and caring life.

So far this forum has proved more than useless to provide the answers. Thought I would try it as GoPro recommends. So much for that.

Thanks Again!

Tourist

[ New ]

sunnyflare7253

Thank you for your comment and support!

Like you point out, I was looking for some kind of support or information on when we could expect the items promised. GoPro's supply problems have been going on for some time and it has had a adverse effect on their reputation and business model in some areas. That is too bad, because the products that I have used for years have functioned in a reliable and proper manner (with a minor glitch, here or there). I have owned every GoPro, with the exception of Ver 6, and have given quite a few as gifts to family members.

The support and information process is another issue. Horrible. I have had many order problems, when ordering directly. The staff do not understand concerns or questions. The last order for a light mod was dropped out of the fulfillment system, as confirmed by staff. Their only solution was for me to order it again (backordered at the time) while telling me they could not cancel my original order for lack of authority. I replaced the light mod option with a Lume Cube and have been more than happy with that.

Based on this forum response and lack thereof, combined with bad product support,  I wll be looking elsewhere for a replacement to the GoPro line. I am also considering using other consumer portals to inform potential buyers of the current hazzards of purchasing the GoPro products.

Thanks Again! For your comment and support!

Tourist

[ New ]

Dude, you need to stop. You got big balls behind a keyboard.

Tourist

[ New ]

It's spelled "You".  Proper grammer is more important than ever in this day and age.

It's "Grammar" genious. Oh, the irony