Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Why is my Hero5 not charging?

Hello,
I just bought a gopro hero 5 black and I couldn’t charge the battery. gopro charging light won’t turn on.
I used apple charger and Anker portable charger still not charging.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why is my Hero5 not charging?

Hi @noblejump67323

How long have you left it plugged in?If the battery is completely drained, it takes a few minutes before the light turns red.

To further isolate the issue, you may take the battery out and test if the camera will turn on while plugged in.

If the camera turns on without the battery then this could be an issue on the battery or battery connectors.

You may contact our Support Team via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Sightseer

May I ask what the outcome was? I received my gopro hero 5 in the mail today. I've had it plugged in for several hours. It turned on earlier while plugged in. But it will not turn on at all now. Also when I plug it in, the red light flashes but turns off right away.
Highlighted
Nomad

Pull the battery then reinsert it fully ensuring it is seated corectly, now try again and see if it helps, the battery can be a very snug fit and therfore misses all the contacts when new.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @foggywater82882

Try this: Plug the GoPro directly to a power source (not a computer) without the battery, then power the camera on. If the camera powers on, it is highly likely that the battery is defective then you can exchange it through the seller. I gather it is a new camera that you have but if it does not power on in this setup, you might need an exchange. You can always contact our Support team for help on this matter. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius