Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why has the web site been altered to exclude the Medi Mod Kit from the discount to GOPRO Plus subscr

I recently purchased a GOPRO Hero 8 and at the same time began a trial of the GOPRO Plus subscription service.  I was particularly interested in the 50% discount that this offered me on accessories.  Whilst within the trial period I reviewed the accessories page on the web site and it showed me that the Media Mod Kit for the Hero 8 was discounted by 50% ( It had the full price of £79.99 struck through and a revised price of £39.99 show alongside).  When I tried to purchase it, it said that the item was not yet available and would be released in December.  It promted me to enter my e-mail for early notification of its release. As I was interested in buying this item and as it appeared that as a GOPRO Plus member this item was included in the 50% discount available to GOPRO Plus members I decided that it would be worth purchasing the GOPRO Plus subscription at the end of the trial period.  This i did paying £49.99 on Nov 11 2019.  In January I decided to visit the web site as I had not received any notification that the item was available and thought that I would check online.  I noticed that the Media Mod Kit was now available but when I tried to purchase it, the web site did not apply any discount and was showing it as full price.  I then wen online to chat to a support agent who after some confusion confirmed that the media mod would be available at a 50% discount but as yet the web site was not reflecting this and was being worked upon.  I received a copy of this transcript which I have attached.

I wish to purchase the Media Mod kit for the price of £39.99 or alternatively I wish to cancel my GOPRO Plus subscription and receive a full refund on the basis that I have been misled.

I have tried to contact you this evening via a hat line and despite the web site stating that the wait time was approximately 1 minute after 20 minutes of waiting I have resorted to this e-mail.

I would appreciate your attention to this matter and whether you believe that by showing a discount on the web site for the Media Mod you have mis led me into subscribing to your GOPRO Plus service.
Adventurer

Re: Why has the web site been altered to exclude the Medi Mod Kit from the discount to GOPRO Plus su

you had the person on the phone, did they not wanted to sell you it at $39.99 

Tourist

Re: Why has the web site been altered to exclude the Medi Mod Kit from the discount to GOPRO Plus su

The Customer service rep agreed that it was for sale on the web site, he stated he was unable to sell it me over the phone or refund me my GoPro Plus subscription.  He did say that it would be available at a later date.....but when ?

( 28m 54s ) Visitor: The mod is on the web site. It is allowing me to pay at the check out and says despatch will be 27 Jan but it is not showing a 50% discount as I believe it should.
( 30m 11s ) Camille Joyce: I understand as what I've said the Mods will be available in our PLUS subscription but it's still being work on.
( 31m 46s ) Visitor: So you are now confirming that I will be eligible for the 50% discount on the mod kits but at the moment it is not being shown on the web site.
( 32m 5s ) Camille Joyce: Yes that's correct Nicholas.
( 32m 54s ) Visitor: I will then continue with my subscription but would like a record of this transcript forwarded to my email.
( 33m 10s ) Camille Joyce: Yes sure, you can do that after this chat has ended.
( 33m 25s ) Visitor: Thank you.

GoPro

Hello @academynick. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have raised your concerns and our Customer Support agent will be responding shortly to make this right. We apologize this misrepresentation happened to you.

Sightseer

Hi, I'm following this post as well and I'm also one of the victims of this change. Gopro has made such a bad move on this. Although it's not written on the term of services, but there was clear evidence that it is GoPro's fault to mislead customer on the discount of the mods. Can someone help me to understand the change and probably reconsile it?!

Explorer

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-PLUS-50-off-Accessories/ta-p/436397

Applies only to purchases made on gopro.com.
PLUS discount does not include:
HERO8 Mods
Activity kits
Rechargeable Battery (HERO8 Black/HERO7 Black/HERO6 Black/HERO5 Black/HERO 2018)
Rechargeable Battery (MAX)
Chargers
Smart Remote
Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter
Karma Drone or Karma accessories
Non-GoPro manufactured accessories (such as SD cards)
PLUS discount does not apply to TradeUp orders or accessories that have already been discounted
Limited to a maximum of 10 items per subscription anniversary year
Adventurer

@academynick     GoPro Rep made a Mistake,  @mariustanya  said they are going to   make this right  And @danielr15   and I are just like you. so Let me know how that goes, we love to hear a Positive outcome.

keep us posted  prove the poster wrong.   PLEASE!  PLEASE PROVE HIM WRONG!

Explorer

The only mistakes that I see are this. When GoPro first put the Mods on the website (prior to being available for pre-order) they would show a discount price if you logged on with GoPro Plus. This was for a very short prettied of time (well within anyone's 30-day trial). The second mistake was a rep not realizing that the Mods were not eligible for discount and giving the wrong information.