Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Why does the picture of the turtle stay on home screen even when you turn it on

Had to manually update my new Go-pro as the download from the computer kept failing Why?  The battery was fully charged. Now The picture on the monitor screen  that shows a turtle in the water is always there even when you power it off or on, why does that Turtle is stay on the screen when you are trying to use it.  Help, as it is annoying and I can't see what I am taking pictures or video recording with that on the screen, 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why does the picture of the turtle stay on home screen even when you turn it on

Hello @cjn5448. You may remove the screen cover/film that has the turtle. Best regards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why does the picture of the turtle stay on home screen even when you turn it on

How do you remove it, there is not film cover that peels off, is it inside the lens.  Please let me know or is there a picture or video to show me as I am having all sorts of trouble removing the so called screen cover... Thank you

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @cjn5448. You may remove the screen cover/film that has the turtle. Best regards!

Highlighted
Hiker

How do you remove it, there is not film cover that peels off, is it inside the lens.  Please let me know or is there a picture or video to show me as I am having all sorts of trouble removing the so called screen cover... Thank you

Highlighted
Hiker

Sorry found it had to use a magnifying glass to see the little peel corner.  Thanks